TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
I read their chart way different than they do based on the title. The highest motorcycle ownership is California at over 800,000. Roughly 10% of all motorcycles are registered in California. Out of 50 states, that's way more than the #2 state.

Number of bikes per population isn't the same as highest motorcycle ownership by my definition.

Just my opinion.

Oh, I'd also argue that owning a motorcycle and riding a motorcycle are two different things. I would bet those #1, 2 and 3 states listed put on less miles than the average California rider does if, for no other reason than we have the weather for it. Also, we have the views for it. Nothing beats riding in California for spectacular views and the weather.

California has more motorcycles than the top 8 states combined!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
There ya go Ski, that's more like it. Just wish I was in Cali again!!! :D
I read their chart way different than they do based on the title. The highest motorcycle ownership is California at over 800,000. Roughly 10% of all motorcycles are registered in California. Out of 50 states, that's way more than the #2 state.

Number of bikes per population isn't the same as highest motorcycle ownership by my definition.

Just my opinion.

Oh, I'd also argue that owning a motorcycle and riding a motorcycle are two different things. I would bet those #1, 2 and 3 states listed put on less miles than the average California rider does if, for no other reason than we have the weather for it. Also, we have the views for it. Nothing beats riding in California for spectacular views and the weather.

California has more motorcycles than the top 8 states combined!

Read Only
True story. If they did some statistical anlysis of motorcycle commuters/daily drivers instead of just ownership, I'm sure that table would be completely different.

Registered
There's a bunch of bikes down here. Thing is they only get ridden to the nearest breakfast or lunch spot with maybe a few bars in between.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts