TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how many of you remember watching the beatles on ed sullivan 50 years ago .it started the british invasion and a lot of good music for that era. i remember our whole family watching the show .i'll never forget my dad ranting and raving about the long hair and the girls screeming and fainting .it's funny,considering now days thoes boys would be considered clean cut ,what with the suit snd ties ,shined shoes (beatle boots). nowdays even rednecks have longer hair.i even had long hair in the early 70's untill it got caught in a creaperwheel at work(ouch big time) .short hair after that lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The Ed Sullivan Show was one of the weekly shows we, as a family, would watch every week so we did watch the Beatles that night. My dad, a politically conservative WWII vet, believed the world was going to hell in a handbasket and The Beatles, with their long hair, were a prime example of what was wrong with the world. He died in '99 so he lived to see a lot more of what he considered degenerative things and wasn't afraid to tell people what he believed. As he aged though, he actually liked some of the Beatles songs and I believe the Beatles produced some of the most remarkable pop music ever recorded..

Now that I'm old I understand many of his positions and politics however.

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts
I remember.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I sure do!

It is hard to believe 50 years has gone by.

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts
Gee, if I'd only known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Hell I was in 9th grade at Celina {OH} High School, and remember watching the old Black and White at home with the screaming 14 and 15 year old chicks{back when the eye docs were making a killing by having all of us wear glasses}, bouncing up and down ... thinking to myself..."Well There Goes Surfer Music" :cool:

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
The Ed Sullivan Show was one of the weekly shows we, as a family, would watch every week so we did watch the Beetles that night. My dad, a politically conservative WWII vet, believed the world was going to hell in a handbasket and The Beetles, with their long hair, were a prime example of what was wrong with the world. He died in '99 so he lived to see a lot more of what he considered degenerative things and wasn't afraid to tell people what he believed. As he aged though, he actually liked some of the Beetles songs and I believe the Beetles produced some of the most remarkable pop music ever recorded..

Now that I'm old I understand many of his positions and politics however.
Yea, my old man was a strong right wing type when I was growing up.....now I make him {passed away in 1972} look like a Rainbow Warrior Lib Type...being just a bit to the right of Atilla the Hun myself these days :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yea, my old man was a strong right wing type when I was growing up.....now I make him {passed away in 1972} look like a Rainbow Warrior Lib Type...being just a bit to the right of Atilla the Hun myself these days :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's funny how life looks different as we pile on years and experiences. One thing dad did instill in me was a strong work ethic and that I need to understand the consequences of my actions and accept them....hopefully learning something along the way.:walk:

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
i was just wondering how many of you remember watching the beatles on ed sullivan 50 years ago....../
I sure do remember! I think....:p
My old man didn't rant at it 'cause he never saw it....all he ever watched was the evening news.;)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just checking. How many remember that this forum is about motorcycles and this is the general discusion section which might mean general discusion about motorcycles.
Beatles and nostalgia go in other topics in most cases. Just thinking. Tom

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I remember. I was the youngest of 5 kids and 6 years old at the time. We had 3 tv stations,2-4-7 and always watched the Ed Sullivan Show.

I also remember my mother taking us to see "Hard Days Night" at the movies a short time later

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just checking. How many remember that this forum is about motorcycles and this is the general discusion section which might mean general discusion about motorcycles.
i'm sorry tom i'm new to computers and forums and thought this was posted in the proper place. i'm suprised the others who posted replys didn't say something about it also. once again i apoligize for my mistake.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i'm sorry tom i'm new to computers and forums and thought this was posted in the proper place. i'm suprised the others who posted replys didn't say something about it also. once again i apoligize for my mistake.
Your post was just fine. I really enjoyed it and the responses.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
50 years ago I had just pulled a broken minibike off a trash pile. It was love at first twist of a wrench, and it's been down hill ever since. Bugs were for stepping on.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I found this thread in "Off Topic and Other Motorcycles"

I believe Off Topic covers just about anything you want to talk about, as long as it's fit for public discussion.

Why restrict the conversation between friends to only motorized, wheeled transportation?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw them on Ed Sullivan. Also saw them in person. They were playing during the Pacific National Exhibition in the football stadium. My Fiancé (now my wife) and I didn't have tickets but were watching through the fence. All of a sudden the crowd surged forward and the Beatles dropped their instruments and ran for the side gate. We ran down the fence line just in time to see them pilling into a limo and roaring off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts