TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You forgot the profanity!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,936 Posts
Thought he was gonna zig, and then he zagged.

PCH can be so crazy, I'm surprised there wasn't a whole lot more traffic on it. Where is that part? Between what cities?

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Nice horn. Same ones as on the bikes for sale in Roanoke,VA?
Driver ran the red light at Malibu Pier intersection right in front of the Malibu Inn.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Downshift man

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Downshift man
Yup. Should have kicked down more, only made it into third. Larger front sprocket also makes 1st feel a bit like 2nd, etc..

Tell you what though, this was before I had a few classes at SoCal Supermoto - I highly recommend it. Applicable here is entering turns at highspeed and getting on the front brake + downshifting. I even took my TW out on the track and with good lines I kept up with the DRZ400s.

Socal Supermoto

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Watching it, as you approached the intersection at that speed, I instantly thought to myself...."He sure does seem to trust whatever traffic is around, or coming up on!" :)

Regardless of my comment you're not at fault. BUT....word of advice....ALWAYS slow down going through an intersection for this reason exactly!! It can still happen, but anything to reduce the chance is good I suppose.

Nice controlled non-panic slow down BTW. (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Watching it, as you approached the intersection at that speed, I instantly thought to myself...."He sure does seem to trust whatever traffic is around, or coming up on!" :)
Saw the guy staged on the road and was expecting a right turn to the right lane, with the possibility of him swinging to the left lane. - the left turn took me by surprise.

Another factor is I was living out in Malibu at the time and this ride was the usual commute, got myself into a bit of a rut experiencing the same ol same ol each day.

Luckily my only crashes have been by myself due to: mud, dust, and logs. Have managed to avoid the big shit like walls and cars!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Saw the guy staged on the road and was expecting a right turn to the right lane, with the possibility of him swinging to the left lane. - the left turn took me by surprise.

Luckily my only crashes have been by myself due to: mud, dust, and logs. Have managed to avoid the big shit like walls and cars!
Expect the unexpected they say.

Reactions: Kevinwa and Darth73

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Avoiding cars is the easy stuff. You just have to make sure that they are there either before you get there or after.

It's the asphalt that's hard to avoid. Boy seems like that stuff if everywhere and at all times. Let me tell ya...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts