TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any issue with changing to a 520 size chain and sprockets they seem to be more available?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Somewhat overkill and will slow you down but not hard to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somewhat overkill and will slow you down but not hard to do.
Thanks for the info, I might have to go with 520. Not having any luck finding the 428/14 steel in stock. So the 520 is stronger? Could this cause damage to the engine? Will keep searching. M

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
News to me. Never had any problem finding as many as I want. Anyone else experiencing a sprocket shortage?

520 is heavier and gobbles a bit more power.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
My dealer did not have the sprockets in stock and it seemed to take him forever to try and get what I wanted in. I had him cancel the order and I simply ordered online and got what I needed in 3 days. Gerry

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I use since 3 or 4 years a 520 chain kit on 2 TW (11/49 for my offroad TW, 13/40 for my street TW).

I haven't noticed problems.

I just had to modify a small white plastic part when I use the 13 front sprocket, which is under the generator cover.

It's the part with the number 2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
News to me. Never had any problem finding as many as I want. Anyone else experiencing a sprocket shortage?

520 is heavier and gobbles a bit more power.

I am finding the 428s online but have not found one place that has them both in steel. Would like o get the sprockets and a new Oring chain for the same place at the same time. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer did not have the sprockets in stock and it seemed to take him forever to try and get what I wanted in. I had him cancel the order and I simply ordered online and got what I needed in 3 days. Gerry
Have not tried my dealer. I figured they would just search online like I am. Did your place have both front and rear in steel?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use since 3 or 4 years a 520 chain kit on 2 TW (11/49 for my offroad TW, 13/40 for my street TW).

I haven't noticed problems.

I just had to modify a small white plastic part when I use the 13 front sprocket, which is under the generator cover.

It's the part with the number 2

Thanks good to hear I can switch if needed. Do you like the 13/40 set up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts