TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was there a writeup about installing a 6 plate clutch setup in the tock tw,

i purchased a complete 6 plate clutch and basket from an 1987 tt225 and wondering if i can use it,,,,

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Unless you also get the TTR225 right ride cover the assembly will be a little too wide for the stock TW right side cover unless you shave cover and trim bolt on clutch assembly as TW-Brian pointed out in the thread about using PlacerLode's output shaft extension for mating a XT or TTR engine in a TW frame. It should be possible, just not a simple plug-n-play...do yourself a favor and get the TTR right side cover.

[h=3]#242 Right Engine Clutch Cover Case Yamaha Serow XT 225 XT225 1992-2000[/h]

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I am not familiar with the TT225 engine, but it appears to be a different animal than the TW200/TTR225/XT225 engines.

I do not think that the 6-plate clutch baskets from the TTR225/XT225 engines will be a direct bolt up onto a TW200 engine as I believe that the splines on the shaft that the clutch baskets mate to are different.

That's all I got.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i remember someone posting about the tt225 hub having the same splines, ect thats why i bought it, but me and the search function are not finding it,

since i have it i was gonna install it till i get a shaft extension and install a xt225 engine, probably dont need it right now, but the big atv tire and the areas i elk hunt with 13-65 gears is hell on the clutch

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you also get the TTR225 right ride cover the assembly will be a little too wide for the stock TW right side cover unless you shave cover and trim bolt on clutch assembly as TW-Brian pointed out in the thread about using PlacerLode's output shaft extension for mating a XT or TTR engine in a TW frame. It should be possible, just not a simple plug-n-play...do yourself a favor and get the TTR right side cover.

[h=3]#242 Right Engine Clutch Cover Case Yamaha Serow XT 225 XT225 1992-2000[/h]
i looked at that cover, is the kickstart hole the right diameter, i see it has a plug in it

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Sorry, thought it was a TTR, not TT clutch pack under consideration. My mistake, know naught of TT engines.
However am surprised to hear of the overworked clutch. While I'm not dragging elk carcasses my 13 x 55 gearing seems to haul my carcass without complaint up many a sustained ascent. Maybe 300stw's steep trails are steeper than my idea of "steep".

Kickstater hole's knock-out receives an oil seal prior to kick starter installation. Presumes case has corresponding machining for other end of kicker shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts