TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Cool beans Tommy...and Right On!
Whoever wrote that has been "riding a while"...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great article Tom, but I forgot my rule and started to read the comments...:nightmare::angry9::stupid::nono:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Great article Tom, but I forgot my rule and started to read the comments...:nightmare::angry9::stupid::nono:
Yah.

The Loud-Pipes crowd are sure out there in force.

How about, we make it Federal Law to just hard-wire car horns to the ignition switches? LIVES SAVED!

Loud pipes just send me 'round the bend...NOTHING I hate more than that endless droning blat-blat-blat of open pipes...it's NOISE. It's ANNOYING. It's FATIGUING. Know what I like about my Zero, most? THE SOUND...OF SILENCE.

Has a louder horn, too. Really.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Here's something to think about: If "Loud Pipes Save LIves"...how come Harleys so often hit deer? I've found, on the RARE occasions when I'm out by bike after dark...in National Forest land...I'll just keep toot-tooting the horn, once every ten seconds. That, and slow down to about 30. It's a drag; but I've not hit a deer since I nailed one in 2012 on my way to work (got lucky and didn't go down).

But the Loud Pipes don't keep the deer at bay. How come? Maybe because they don't HEAR it, or can't tell the direction?

And deer are a lot more responsive to noise they perceive as a threat than are other drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts