TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now know my stock (for now) TW will do 70mph flat out with my 190lb butt. My wife called yesterday with chest pains. Shes fine, bruised rib, probably from my 1 year old boy playing a little rough.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is OK. 70mph on a TW??!! - Mine might go that fast ...in freefall over a cliff! My max to date is about 58 mph and that is hairy enough for an old guy like me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now know my stock (for now) TW will do 70mph flat out with my 190lb butt. My wife called yesterday with chest pains. Shes fine, bruised rib, probably from my 1 year old boy playing a little rough.
my 01 has done 70 w/ 47 rear sprocket. bike is definitely not happy @ that speed: a little twitchy (maybe that was me). much happier below 60mph.

cheers.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My best is 78 MPH clocked on my GPS. Nice flat stretch with a 20 MPH tail wind.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is okay, that's the most important thing. However on the note of top-speed TW's Monday night I needed to pick a truck up from a repair shop ~40 miles from where I live. My options were to drive my Manx-style Dune Buggy down there and flat-tow it back home behind the repaired truck, however the truck didn't have a hitch (easily fixed) or electrical for towing (not worth a ticket IMHO) plus it was ~90 degrees and the prospect of driving an air-cooled car with no top which tends to run hot anyways in So.Cal. traffic didn't seem to appealing.

So the TW was drafted. I opted to take side-streets until I got to the 241 toll road, I figured the speeds would be faster on the toll road but the volume of cars would be lighter. It was but it required running the TW at WOT for about thirty minutes. Other than climbing a large hill where I had to drop-down to fourth and ~50 MPH it held 70 no problem. My TW does have the smaller rear sprocket which helped. I managed to make it to the repair shop in just over an hour, which was good, loaded my TW in the back of the truck, strapped it down and drove home. Plus, and this was unexpected, carrying a TW in the back of a 10 year old Chevy pick-up makes the truck so much cooler =)

--Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 07 with only an fmf duel core and holes drilled in the air box will cruise 68 mph and hold 72 althogh i still get run over here in Sac. Ca. I80 is nuts. I did drop 3 teeth on the back though. Still have plenty in the number one for wheelies and hill climbs,

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub will run 74 on the flat with no wind. 15/50 sprockets.

She has seen 84 twice, down hill, with a tail wind, behind a semi. 15/47 sprockets.

Speedo verified by calibrated radar. Fortunately, the LEO is a rider and found an 84mph TW simply amazing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had my TW at a GPS-verified 72 mph on a freeway. I'm running 14-47 sprockets at a 4,000 ft elevation. It will cruise all day at 55-60.

·
Registered
231 Posts
74 downhill with a tailwind and i was tucked down on the tank.

@phattire: twitchy is exactly the word i would use to describe it. i felt like it jumped just when i moved my eyes to see the speedo.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My commendations to those who bothered to express concern for the wife. Congratulations to those who did not but can run over 65 because if their spouse, wife, companion or daughter finds out they didn't focus on the importance of the 70 mph ride, they will need to go fast to avoid the rage. Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts