1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,855 Posts

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Remember when you Canadians would help smuggle booze to the US back during our Prohibition?
Maybe we should return the favor and walk some Amsoil across the border to our buddies up north. walk.gif

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
i brought back 6 gal of shell rotella t-6 5w-40 last year from Oregon. no tax and $19.97/gal. here it is $46/gal plus taxes. great oil, i put it in everything, garden tractors, diesel tractor, trucks, and bikes.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Whenever I tried the T6 in my old TW, I found that it made the valve-train awfully noisy.
Yes, it is a great oil but the noise (more appropriately, the 'different noise') was too much for my nerves and I ended up dumping it after only a few days.
I ran it in my DR650 with no issues...but the TW was a different story.
Maybe I'll give it a try in this 2008 and see if it's still a thing....I can get that stuff for about $20/USG at Wally World in Bellingham.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Whenever I tried the T6 in my old TW, I found that it made the valve-train awfully noisy.
Yes, it is a great oil but the noise (more appropriately, the 'different noise') was too much for my nerves and I ended up dumping it after only a few days.
I ran it in my DR650 with no issues...but the TW was a different story.
Maybe I'll give it a try in this 2008 and see if it's still a thing....I can get that stuff for about $20/USG at Wally World in Bellingham.
i haven't tried it in the tw yet. another 500 miles and i will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts