TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
bike_1.jpg

Fastest Bike I ever owned....this Yamaha 650 would bury the Odometer at 150 on a straight shot down US 127 ....not sure how fast it could really go, it doesn't look like a speed bike in this photo, but I got it up to speeds even my 74 Kaw 900 couldn't reach....Color me Young and Crazy!:D

Registered
wow, that's surprising Hoot, wouldn't ever expect that.
It was a beast....sometimes I would get off of that bike and be shaking....thinking to myself, "WFT was I thinking/doing?" :eek: It would give you a rush like no others....but then I would remember that I had a wife and 3 young kids at home....and finally sold it and purchased a bit tamer SUZ 550....

Registered
It was a beast....sometimes I would get off of that bike and be shaking....thinking to myself, "WFT was I thinking/doing?" :eek: It would give you a rush like no others....but then I would remember that I had a wife and 3 young kids at home....and finally sold it and purchased a bit tamer SUZ 550....
The shaking was an after effect from all the vibration! I had a couple of those bikes a few yrs. ago. Could never see what was behind me in the rear view mirrors, they shook so bad.

Registered
View attachment 5997

Fastest Bike I ever owned....this Yamaha 650 would bury the Odometer at 150 on a straight shot down US 127 ....not sure how fast it could really go, it doesn't look like a speed bike in this photo, but I got it up to speeds even my 74 Kaw 900 couldn't reach....Color me Young and Crazy!:D
I was a passenger on one at 100+mph. Yep, young and crazy, I was, too.

Registered
Funnest speed bike I ever road was an RG500 Skoal Bandit edition, that thing was a hoot. Super light weight, maybe not quite as poweful as modern superbikes, but super bike power none the less, thing felt like it weighed 250 lbs like our TW's.

Registered
I was a passenger on one at 100+mph. Yep, young and crazy, I was, too.
I was a passenger on a Honda Hurricaine 140+ and still accelerating. 140 is fast when you're not at the controls and there is little between you and the pavement.

Registered
I had one of these in the early 90's that was not only fun but scary to ride as well and very, very fast.
vf1100s-85.jpg
The V65 sabre was the most powerful and fastest bike in its day back then until the vmax came along. The thing was brutally quick but also very smooth power from the big v4 and shaft drive, its deceptively fast. What made it scary was the handling was total crap and mine had wicked headshake from 60 till ~80(reported as a general issue with these). If you blasted thru the shake it was ok but forget about steady speeds in that range. It was also top heavy and tall and a heavy bike in general.
Here is a little video(not mine) on what the acceleration was like. Pretty darn good for a 1985 Honda

Compared to the Ducati i have today i would say that the Sabre is way more scary. The Ducati has more power and a ton more in the mid range where the power kicks like a mule and the acceleration borders stupid crazy. The difference is the Ducati has fantastic handling and braking and feels totally composed at any speed.

I have some video from my helmet of the acceleration i can post up later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts