TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've been watching an excellent series of programs on the Military Channel on WWI......from the assassination of Ferdinand until the signing of the armistice and beyond. Seems like we've all seen the old footage of WWII, but sadly 'The Great War' has somehow been slighted. I saw footage from England, France, the U.S., and Germany.....all through the lens of photographers from each side of the same battles.....very interesting and well done.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Here is a film about MIS-X. I doubt anyone here has watched it.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
My wife saw some of the installation a month ago while she was visiting Tower of London,she was very impressed .Westminster Abbey also. Poppies everywhere actually.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Military channel? You mean "American Heros" Channel. Used to be my favorite channel. Ain't the same. Harrumph, get off my lawn.
Yeah, I agree, it isn't NEARLY as good as the old Military Channel, but it's a helluvalot better than HoneyBooBoo!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad she got to see some of it. It has to be impressive in person. Ground zero for Armistice Day. Eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
One ceramic poppy per casualty, very moving. Also poppy lapels and broaches quite common honoring the fallen both now and every year. She said in person the red was a stunning contrast to darker buildings and grey sky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts