TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

My 87 now runs like new, if not better. Always started and idled very well, but there seem to be a mis at half throttle under acceleration.

to make a long story short I got a keyster carb kit, took off the carb, rebuilt it and bingo. Runs strong and no miss, yehaw.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What did you set the clip on the new needle to demarko69? I just installed the Keyster kit and I'm having some real problems. The bike ran fine before the kit but the float needle was shot. I bought the kit and have since also purchased a #40 pilot since the kit comes w/ a #38. It runs on choke but not well and when the choke is removeed there is a backfire through the carb. It also slowly returns to idle when rev'd rather than a quick drop. I thought it may be an air leak so I replaced the intake manifold, didn't help. I am wondering now if it's running rich and needs the needle lowered.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey demarko69 I just picked up an 87 and I can't even get it to run... did you have any issues with the starter button not working? Whoever owned it before me thought it would be a good idea to weld the hole kickstarter shut :/

I started a post here if you have any advice or could check out my thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts