TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an 87 I've been messing with this winter. It's my second TW in the last few years. They're just perfect for wandering along Hydro Quebec powerlines where I live in VT. Anyway, among many mods I've done thus far is mounting a vintage Bates headlight I got on Ebay. Here is my question; which wires do I attach to the plug?

The 87 has a 4 wire plug. A yellow jumpered(so it's really two), a green and a brown. The Bates light socket has a white wire, a black wire and a black wire grounded inside the shell. I feel like an idiot but when I hooked it up the way I thought it went, the light works, my idiot lights work but the directionals don't blink. They light up but instead of blinking, the dash lights flicker.

I realize it's a stupid question but rather than blowing fuses swapping wires around I figured I'd ask here.

So far I have:

Mounted a Kenda 270 on the front(1000 times better than stock on gravel)

El Cheapo D2 Moto pegs. I have no idea how you guys got the springs to work. I'm riding without peg springs right now.

Front and rear Cycleracks

Got in on the Seat Concepts group buy

Bought a frighteningly expensive new CDI because mine was toast

ProTaper ATV bars

1" bar risers

Tusk D Flex guards

Bates headlight mounted as high as it will go and guages mounted above their mounts. A Rotopax can now be mounted on the front Cyclerack without blocking the light. I also mounted a wire mesh brushguard on the Bates.

My Clarke tank arrives tomorrow

Thanks in advance for the wiring help!

-John

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
sorry can't help u with the wiring but is the rotopax on front rack for extra fuel? Have you ridden bike with it on front rack yet? I thought of having rack up there with fuel but concerned about fuel leaking on hot engine if it were to leak and the weight up front. (I ended up mounting fuel pack jr on back rack)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts