TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I had a '90 I recently sold and it was a great bike. Very smooth, very quiet, great handling, totally reliable 800cc water cooled twin, 40-50mpg, built by Honda for low maintenance with shaft drive and hydraulic valve lifters, just needs routine oil changes. Good for a ride into town shopping or for that long road trip. Was originally called a mini Goldwing. A numbers of owners on the PC800 owners website have 200-300,000 miles on these things and they have become a cult bike. They have a tremendous amount of storage in the rear trunk and even more with a topbox on the rear rack. The bodywork is all plastic, affectionately called "Tupperware". Most of these used are in good shape and hold their value well over the years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I rode one once on my run up the motorcycle landscape. Pretty much blew it off. Like 'em a lot better now 25 or so bikes later over that last 8 or 9 years. I was just eyeballing a 1995 posted here for $3,000, but have too many now to do anything. Besides I'm currently busy in a scooter phase. Rode my Zuma 125 to work yesterday in 25F temps. A strange wee beastie (affectionate reference from ADVrider), but fun and practical besides being one of the best conveyances I've had in terms of cold weather riding with the added windscreen. Finding practical two wheelers that work in a variety of conditions, regardless of what anybody else thinks about it , means I ride more. Which blows my hair back. At least what's left of it. The PC800 now seems plenty practical and useful to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you want one look at the NX700, the scooter on roids they are trying very hard to convince Amaerica that this is the motorcycle future. Me, I'm glad I rode during the past. Thats just me, old school is cool.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had a '90 I recently sold and it was a great bike. Very smooth, very quiet, great handling, totally reliable 800cc water cooled twin, 40-50mpg, built by Honda for low maintenance with shaft drive and hydraulic valve lifters, just needs routine oil changes. Good for a ride into town shopping or for that long road trip. Was originally called a mini Goldwing. A numbers of owners on the PC800 owners website have 200-300,000 miles on these things and they have become a cult bike. They have a tremendous amount of storage in the rear trunk and even more with a topbox on the rear rack. The bodywork is all plastic, affectionately called "Tupperware". Most of these used are in good shape and hold their value well over the years.
I own two of them. They are really great bikes! One will be sold this spring. One will stay with me for probably a loooooong time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts