TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my 1989 TW200.

~10k miles
Normally running well. Not great when cold (hesitates).
Current inspection and registration.

newer tank, extra plastics (blue), seat bed, tank, CDI, misc parts

Not around enough to ride it consistently.

Asking 1350.
Located in Clear Lake Texas (southeast Houston suburb)

IMG_20180217_154425491.jpg
IMG_20180217_154437090.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided not to sell right now. Runs like new when its warmed up and a blast to ride. Thinking of modding it to scrambler-type with some off road capability when I get the time.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Decided not to sell right now. Runs like new when its warmed up and a blast to ride. Thinking of modding it to scrambler-type with some off road capability when I get the time.
These bikes have a way of hanging on to you. I had considered getting rid of it at one point since I ride mostly street but it is a blast as a commuter, just stay off the freeways. You can jump curbs, ride on sidewalks if the whole street is flooded above the car tires, do a U-turn in one lane if there is a wreck ahead of you, you can also ride through water up to your knees if you choose. You can appear fast and let the police take off after you only to be disappointed. I moved to an empty lane around a line of cars, the inattentive drivers were taking off and I flew around them at 40 mph which was the speed limit. The police pulled out and flew up behind me only to find out I was doing 40 mph then he took off and left me. I had fun with a Porsche also, the light was red so I slowed and was rolling up, the Porsche was in the other lane, the light turned green and I hammered the throttle while he was still sittiing. It took him a while to catch up with me until he passed me. This continued about 3 lights. Anyway I ended up in front of him when I got close to work. I took off and I heard him really lay on the gas and finally passed me for good. I like the deception, you can make these bikes appear quick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, often when I ride home from work I will pop off the pavement and ride partially behind the subdivisions. Its an addictive bike.

·
Registered
525 Posts
...and when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll be able to ride slow enough to kick them over one-by-one, but fast enough to outrun them when they figure it out. How fun will that be!?!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts