TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to clean out my carb cuz noticed it not starting very easy at higher altitude. Can tell someone has been into it before and have a 110 main jet. I've been reading the past posts on carbs and have seen that most have liked the 116 main on early carbs. Is my 110 stock or you think someone went smaller for high altitude? What is the usual stock size for early carbs? Did find some crap in a air inlet passage. Was thinking of just bumping the main up 1 size richer to get rid of that annoying light surge at higher speeds.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
114's and 116's are standard for the early carbs, depending on market. If yours was born a Cali bike it should be a 116, though I've seen a few with 114's.

As long as your main is an actual TK jet you may have called it. Maybe the P.O. was in Tahoe?

All sorts of goofy numbering systems occur in the aftermarket, but make sure that zero ain't a six

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stopped by local motorcycle shop and they looked it up and said 114 main is stock for my bike. They had some of the newer carbs jets but not mine so I ordered a 114 because will be riding at times in high altitude. looking forward to see how it runs. They sold the 05 tw200 that they had on consignment for about 3 weeks.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The 114 should be fine if above 6000 feet or so. I would expect the 110 to surge and provide poor midrange throttle response at any altitude in North America.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts