TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I'd classify the V-Max as a Muscle bike, not a cruiser. If someone gave me one though, I wouldn't be complaining!:D

Registered
Ducati has not really been trying to market the Diavel as a cruiser but it has fallen into that. It is a lot more fun in my opinion. If there are any curves in the road the rest of the bikes will be just specs in the mirrors in short order.

Registered
Our local Yamaha dealer sponsors an annual ride that my Star chapter leads groups on around our beautiful backroads. That ride was last weekend. One of the dealer's salesmen brought a Ducati Diavel for anyone on the ride to demo. Nobody was stepping up so of course, the person on the smallest displacement bike, yours truly decided to take a spin. So, I hopped on the Ducati and the salesman rode my TW for the next 30 miles of twisty backroads. I had ridden the Diavel once before but I must say going from my little TW to the Diavel then back to the TW is about as much of a contrast as one can experience.
I would never have classified the Diavel as a cruiser......and, I still don't understand why none of the other riders (mostly cruiser) would not demo the Diavel, it's a blast.....but I would definitley get in trouble with the law if I rode one daily....my TW is also a blast and not much chance of getting myself in trouble.

I may have posted some of these pics last week, can't remember: 013.JPG 034.JPG 036.JPG 048.JPG

Registered
Our local Yamaha dealer sponsors an annual ride that my Star chapter leads groups on around our beautiful backroads. That ride was last weekend. One of the dealer's salesmen brought a Ducati Diavel for anyone on the ride to demo. Nobody was stepping up so of course, the person on the smallest displacement bike, yours truly decided to take a spin. So, I hopped on the Ducati and the salesman rode my TW for the next 30 miles of twisty backroads. I had ridden the Diavel once before but I must say going from my little TW to the Diavel then back to the TW is about as much of a contrast as one can experience.
I would never have classified the Diavel as a cruiser......and, I still don't understand why none of the other riders (mostly cruiser) would not demo the Diavel, it's a blast.....but I would definitley get in trouble with the law if I rode one daily....my TW is also a blast and not much chance of getting myself in trouble.

I may have posted some of these pics last week, can't remember: View attachment 7322 View attachment 7323 View attachment 7324 View attachment 7325
You are 100% right that going from the tw to a bike like the diavel is a huge contrast. Every time I make that switch for the tw to my multistrada it takes a while to get adjusted. I have pulled a wheelie or two simply forgetting that I can't just crank the throttle wfo all the time like I can on a tw.

The multi 1200 is the same motor as the diavel with a little less weight and sharper handling.

I wouldn't classify the diavel as a cruiser either, it's a muscle bike much like the vmax. A good friend of mine owns a diavel strada and I have ridden it a few times, it's a fun bike to ride for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
I had the chance to demo ride a new vmax about a year ago. Ive road some of the fastest inline 4cyl bikes out there and none of them have the raw torque and muscle that the vmax does. With my little butt on that thing it would ignite the tire in 2nd gear just by cranking the throttle and it would spin in 3rd. Nothing like riding that monster. Turning that beast loose is something I doubt I will ever forget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts