TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 95 tw200 on the cheap. Needs a lot of lovin' but runs.. I am having to relace the rear wheel to get it rolling again. I am looking for the spoke pattern and torque specs for both front and rear wheels. I have a wheel truing stand for the job. I will need a few other odds and ends along the way. Looking to get a title and make road legal soon so I can get started with the full resto job. Any help or advice is much appreciated. I am located in west ky

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find that just about everyone here is helpful and very knowledgeable about the TWs. While I do not know the specs you are seeking, someone will be along shortly to provide the answer/s.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Spoke torque is 4.3 ft lbs but for me some ended up a bit tighter as I trued and managed runout. I found ringing each of them with a screwdriver and listening to the sound was helpful. As far as the spoke pattern goes, the spokes on the drum brake side of each hub will be shorter than those for the non-drum side. And the spoke holes on the hub and rim will help guide you how to position each spoke.

The last time I ordered spokes it took 6 months to get them - all vendors had the same delays even though Partzilla often shows parts in stock when they are not.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I have big respect for the man or woman that laces their own wheels....
It's much more of a art then a job .
I have tried and failed miserably ...
mike from NC

·
Registered
64 Posts
It does help to have a good magnetic base starret dial indicator…….and lots of patients
I found in the past if you tighten all spokes in graduated steps it will help in keeping the rim true….. get a sharpie and mark the spokes -good luck …. I did this on my old tw after I had a flat on the rear tire at the trail head and chose to ride it back flat-luckily I had some zip ties to go around the flat tire/rim to hold in place till I got back home with it

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Just picked up a 95 tw200 on the cheap. Needs a lot of lovin' but runs.. I am having to relace the rear wheel to get it rolling again. I am looking for the spoke pattern and torque specs for both front and rear wheels. I have a wheel truing stand for the job. I will need a few other odds and ends along the way. Looking to get a title and make road legal soon so I can get started with the full resto job. Any help or advice is much appreciated. I am located in west ky
Welcome, plenty of assistance at your fingertips here, lots of old posts with great info to search through as well.

Glad to have you aboard, what state do you reside in? In some cases, when you are nearby other members, you can get some on-site assistance or put together a wrench and ride. TW owners are scattered across the globe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts