TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I meet up with the seller of this good looking '99 Suzuki DR350SE, as a companion for the TDub. I'm hoping to get some other friends and family members on either the TDub or this DR, up in the dirt, to give them an idea of why I love motorcycling. Big Bertha, my '02 R1150GS will just have to deal with it but she will get the long rides.

P1020223.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Me too.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There is or was a nice one on my local Craigslist here (Portland area I think)... one of the more rare electric-start ones, but they guy wanted entirely too much money for it. You could buy a used DR650 much cheaper.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomorrow I meet up with the seller of this good looking '99 Suzuki DR350SE, as a companion for the TDub. I'm hoping to get some other friends and family members on either the TDub or this DR, up in the dirt, to give them an idea of why I love motorcycling. Big Bertha, my '02 R1150GS will just have to deal with it but she will get the long rides.

View attachment 18706
Rode her home this afternoon, 107 miles, going the "back" way to stay off the Interstate. Purred along very well at 65 MPH. She's tall, for me, but I'm gonna have fun with this bike, too. #3 in the stable, all of them "Arctic White" or as some people call it, "white." That 4.7 Acerbis tank will allow me to traverse a lot of dirt. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice bike! My brother has a 99 as well. The 98-99 model got better suspension than earlier years (same stuff as the drz400s which would be released the next year). His bike has a pumper carb kit which really woke the bike up. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Add that to my wish list.....you know, "wish in one hand, s%*t in the other, see which one fills up first".

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I remember that day -- crossing Pacheco Pass "in the company" of big rig semis. The DR did much better than the TW did that day. I was holding the TW at WOT and going downhill and it almost wasn't enough. That is a fast 2 lane road and there are no places to pull over.

We stopped at the San Luis Reservoir Forebay and I got this picture.

PA160502A.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts