TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A kid puts a 212cc engine in a mini pickup truck and then drives it around a little -- I would liked to have seen more. It sounded like he shifted into 3rd gear and it was moving along pretty well. Anyway, I found it interesting and was surprised it moved the truck at all.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I love everything about this post and this video. This reminds me very much of things we used to build growing up, including putting an OLD Polaris motor on a really crappy homemade go-kart frame. That didn't end well. Anyhow, I love this. I thought this type of adventure and ingenuity ended in today's youth. I guess not. Like to be wrong when it comes to these assumptions. Thank you very much for sharing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Those predator motors (which are a Chinese Honda GX200 clone) have become so popular that there's actually a surprising aftermarket of performance parts for them. High compression pistons, hotter cams, billet rods, adapters to run actual motorcycle carbs, ect. Those 6.5hp motors can become 12-13hp pretty easily, mostly just from beefing them up to turn a lot more RPM. They're such close copies genuine Honda parts can be interchanged in a lot of places.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Amazing. TW-Brian teach this kid? :p
Hahaha, I can't take any credit for this but it does give me some ideas!

Like, if the engine in my Ranger pickup takes a puke, maybe I'll toss in a TW engine. Then maybe rig up a hand crank in the front of the grill so I don't have to open the hood and climb into the engine compartment to use the kickstarter :eek:;):D!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Like, if the engine in my Ranger pickup takes a puke, maybe I'll toss in a TW engine. Then maybe rig up a hand crank in the front of the grill so I don't have to open the hood and climb into the engine compartment to use the kickstarter :eek:;):D!
looks like we have gone full circle, this sounds something like a model T

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

Just jump on his bandwagon. Extend the kickstart shaft out of the front bumper with a bearing on it for support. This would only take a little rigging and you can kickstart it right at the bumper. Just make sure it's in neutral or it might crank right up like his and run you over.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Now, he just needs to replace that 60 tooth with a 75 tooth :)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
These are probably fairly common, but I thought it was pretty cool:

I'm only posting this here because I just happened to notice it in my suggested videos on YouTube. Also, they could use some riding gear, but I guess that's their problem.

·
Registered
273 Posts
These are probably fairly common, but I thought it was pretty cool:

I'm only posting this here because I just happened to notice it in my suggested videos on YouTube. Also, they could use some riding gear, but I guess that's their problem.
TW upgrade? I know go kart racers can get some serious power from these things. Who wants to go first?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts