TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I find it really hard to disagree with the title of this great little YouTube video.

The F1 transcends the idea of a super sports car, even the idea of a car, period. It is a marvelous feat of engineering; it is a spectacular work of art and a thing of simple beauty; it is absolute mechanical-purist perfection; and it is a timeless classic, the likes of which will truly never be seen again.

Today especially, the F1 is for the man or woman who wants nothing.

I do not even drool over super cars anymore, like I used to when my visions of the future weren't so bleak, but this one, and all that it represents, is special.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah, pretty incredible.
Like the Ford GT (which you can still order new, 2019 models) it's the older and original versions of these cars that are the most valuable. An investment on wheels.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Hard to find a venue to use the McLaren's full potential.
I prefer vehicles a driver can let it all hang out without worry of a speeding ticket. Been following Icelandic formula Off-Road championships lately on the big screen;

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
That car's price demonstrates that having wealth has nothing to do with having intelligence. Jay Leno bought it 20 years ago, but anyone today spending $20M for that?
The dollar today is worth about a nickel.

That being said, if I had a choice, which I don't, I would get the McLaren P1 -- the first "Prius" for the hi-performance world -- gas and electric. (I think it was the P1). Top Gear did a show about it and drove it into the center of Amsterdam where only environmentally approved vehicles were allowed. Yeah, I don't think they had a twin turbo charged 900 horsepower car in mind when they passed that law but it met all the requirements and was allowed to proceed.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, it's like Mr. Leno said, "This isn't a car you give to your 16 year old", haha...apologies if I got the quote slightly wrong; I am doing it from memory :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
And here I thought it would be a Gremlin. Now that'll defy trends, categories, and more.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's preh sweet! Wish I had a video of the gremlins my dad said he saw during midnight harvest '69, playing rock n roll and beating the hell out of his combine.:hippy2::confused2::color:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have always loved the look of those Gremlins, even though they were made before I was born. However, my favorite muscle car would have to be a 454 Chevelle SS, not that I have even come close to owning one.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Love those classics and customs like the Chevelle SS. A person can get spoiled around here with the annual Hot August Nights car show, now limited to only 6,000 participating spectacular customs but still another 10,000 to 20,000 or more awesome didn't-make-the-cut hot rods driven by visitors who bring and cruise in their toys, all rumbling around for a week. Lots of Chevelle SS's and rows an rows of everything else under the sun. If you were looking for inspiration of some TW paint ideas here is the place. 2b37c7b6b8205c73abed52b2d5aad690--local-activities-fire-trucks.jpg hot-august-nights.jpg GT40 (67).JPG P8100001.JPG Reno-Hot-August-Nights-2012-3.jpg
Hot August Nights 2018 - YouTube

Still have the Drive-In Theater too! So come hang out with classic 50's cars or go to the drags. 2003.1 (1).jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts