TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to get out today, cold or not.

I learnt that deep frozen solid ruts are very bad for the foot controls.

Can you spot any cold critters in this one???

This is a long chalk track, greasy hell in the wet but good going when frozen.

An unexpected cemetery on a hill surrounded by a box hedge in the middle of nowhere.

I had three cups of coffee when I got home to thaw out.

Looking forward to the next icy ride!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A hip flask mount? It did cross my mind but I thought it would be a bit over the top.

Studs...a curious proposition indeed Mr. BigWheel.

I wonder how it would handle greasy chalk slime, hmmm, only one way to find out.

Not much available in UK, research will continue after a workshop break.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I rode around the block on Sunday and the fresh snow covering the hard pack and ice made it way too slick. The ruts were treacherous! A set of studded tires would be just the thing! I drug out the quad instead.

Byte

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hope you were bundled up! Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous that you are out riding and I'm not!

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Pretty cool pictures (pardon the pun) as it looks a might frosty on this trip. Only 3 cups of coffee to help thaw out? I would have needed an I.V. drip for a week! Thanks for sharing some photo's now that riding in the northern hemisphere as slowed some.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That looked VERY COLD... Geeez, you must have been in serious need. That looked VERY COLD.... You must have been bundled-up, and looked like the Pillsbury Dough-Boy. Glad you went, for I enjoyed the pictures. Gerry

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks like the right bike for that job,now how about some pictures of your bike in southern Portugal, Spain or France.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts