TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here's a few snaps from today. Took the TW out whilst I can on some local trails before the snow buries them. Very impressed with the TW :thumbsup: And yes, I am going to change the front tire, the Kenda K270 is in the garage, just haven't got round to it yet and I wanted a ride.

Have a good weekend all.

Cheers
Potski

DSCN9280.JPG DSCN9282a.jpg DSCN9284.JPG DSCN9285.JPG DSCN9298 - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sponge; there are trails leading to that area; love that spot!

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Looks like a beautiful day out with great pictures.
Those panniers look perfect size for trail ( or no trail :)) TW-ing.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Nice views.

Looks like the terrain out by my place looking at the Owyhee Mountains. Are you sure you're not close by? Giggle

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Admiral,

I'm in the French Pyrenees there (but only just), looking south towards the border with Andorra and Spain. Just had a look where Owyhee Mountains are (coz I'm nosy) and you're a very similar latitude.

Trust you're recovering well.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Yeah I know your half way around the world. Interesting how the terrain can look so similar in different parts of the world.

Healing is going according to plan. No pain, but have to do everything one handed. I did go out and start the TW's yesterday, so I did get my engine noise fix in for the day.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Yeah I know your half way around the world. Interesting how the terrain can look so similar in different parts of the world.

Healing is going according to plan. No pain, but have to do everything one handed. I did go out and start the TW's yesterday, so I did get my engine noise fix in for the day.
OH OH here we go, next it will be, I thought I could ride with one hand.

excellent pictures!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You'll soon be back in the saddle :thumbsup:

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys,

Went out again.

This time with a friend riding his Suzuki Van Van (125); it's the bike he carries on the back of his camper (RV).

The two bikes are extremely similar, with imo the TW being more dirt orientated. No doubt these two bikes will be riding together quite a bit; like many of us he also has several bigger bikes too but likes the fun aspect of the smaller bike.

Btw, maybe of interest, is that the backdrop is the Cathar chateau of Montségur, the history of which makes the hair on the back of you head stand up.... eerie isn't the word and the whole area was the setting for a film based on the book Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.

Cheers
Potski

DSCN9319.JPG IMG_0305 (2).JPG IMG_0307 (2).JPG

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Impressive castle destination, didn't know you two were on a moto-quest for the Holy Grail.;)
Equally impressive history. Here in the relatively newly settled west I get excited to see something only two hundred years old.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Impressive castle destination, didn't know you two were on a moto-quest for the Holy Grail.;)
Equally impressive history. Here in the relatively newly settled west I get excited to see something only two hundred years old.
Hi Fred.

Montségur is surreal, but Carcassonne is not to far away; worth a visit if you ever find yourself here.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
To stay overnight in Carcassonne's hotel and wander the ancient streets at night would make an amazing experience. They would probably make me park my TW outside though, no night hooliganism romping the ramparts on two wheels.
A very interesting walled city, thanks for the link.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts