TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
IMGA00631.jpg IMGA00691.jpg
Went camping this weekend. There was still some snow drifts. I did have to blast through one in my F350 which was kind of weird as I have always avoided snow in heavy trucks, but my favorite camping spot was just down the road. Then there was a tree across the road and all I brought was my hand ax. But in the end no phone, no work, just a camp fire, my wife and my pups. That was living.

·
Super Moderator
17,975 Posts
Lucky dawg... :D

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
+1, looks like a very good weekend Logan.
Hard to slow cook a big piece of tri-tip at camp. I'll sometimes slice into thin strips at home with a nice teriyaki marinade then quick sear over the fire once at camp. Dogs can get rid of any evidence of anything over- or under-cooked.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not sure why the photos ended up side ways. Just twist your heads please.
Now I have a crick in my neck. Nice tent though.

·
Super Moderator
17,975 Posts
I tossed it on a salad and made some croutons and my wife made a creamy mustard dressing prior to us going up.
You and Fred suck. :D

Two of the most spoiled guys on the forum with wives who cook great and love them to boot!!! :eek:

Some guys get all the luck... ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lucky dawg... :D
Damned if you didn't do it. I'm going to have to consider it. Could be like a disease that people will catch if they aren't careful. Have to start looking at my maps.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damned if you didn't do it. I'm going to have to consider it. Could be like a disease that people will catch if they aren't careful. Have to start looking at my maps.
It calms my violent soul, replaces the wind in my chest and I don't have to listen to people... It is good for you. Plus who doesn't like homemade marshmallows for smors?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You and Fred suck. :D

Two of the most spoiled guys on the forum with wives who cook great and love them to boot!!! :eek:

Some guys get all the luck... ;)
Well Tommy I was always told that Crazy comes with the woman... I got the least crazy I could...
In all fairness to the ladies I am beginning to think stupid comes with the man. What does that say about us?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got up into the hills this weekend too akalogan.... but it was too cut firewood :(. There was no eggs benny, or campfire, but my wife was there with me. She even let me split and unload it all on Sunday and once that was all done.... i got on the TW ... only to move it out so I could get the lawnmower and weed wacker out. She did say I could go for a ride once the yard was done..... but by 7:30pm and still no dinner there was no time to ride. I am glad you got out and enjoyed the weekend and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got up into the hills this weekend too akalogan.... but it was too cut firewood :(. There was no eggs benny, or campfire, but my wife was there with me. She even let me split and unload it all on Sunday and once that was all done.... i got on the TW ... only to move it out so I could get the lawnmower and weed wacker out. She did say I could go for a ride once the yard was done..... but by 7:30pm and still no dinner there was no time to ride. I am glad you got out and enjoyed the weekend and thanks for the pics.
Hey I am back to the grind stone so yes I enjoyed it. both me and the Wife needed the break.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ditto the cool tent. What brand and where did you get it? Floor?
Outdoor Gear Sewn Products Manufacturer | Diamond Brand Gear

So they actually made the tent we own for William-Sonoma (who is a kitchen gear store, That tried to get into outdoors things.) But if you call them they will work with you. They make a lot of tents for Boy scouts and the military.

Ours is called the Smokey Mountain Camping Equipment (again Branded for William-Sonoma)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts