TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
VERY useful.

I'll be heading East, this time by pickup truck...business. But business on my own schedule - and my own bankroll.

I have a truck-bed tent. All I need is a place to park for each night; and this looks to be it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It is a good site.
The majority of the places shown in BC are BC Rec Sites or BC Hydro sites that are off the beaten path.
Be prepared to travel on FSRs.
The link I provided above shows even more of the rec sites, many are free, some cost up to $15 a night.

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Nice helpful site. However it is a little out of date with some closures of listed free sites as local Forest Service administrators are attempting to corral everyone and their impact in concentrated fee-based campgrounds. Fortunately site is rather incomplete so often many additional free primitive camping locations can be found for every listed one.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Plenty of places not listed in the Catskills park and Adirondacks park of NY but most are geared toward real wilderness camping rather than RV. You can usually camp on any of the state forest lands but they will all have posted rules regarding fires and wood cutting and how close to the water you can pitch a tent or set up camp.

GaryL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts