TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a place like that I Darington, which was in the middle of the Washington logging industry. Fun shop. They had axes that you have never seen. Tools that you can't imagine what they are used for. That's where I got my first and last lugger's pant. Trust me, fellas, you will never wear them out. You are not young enough. In addition to the wear, they have double cloth on the thighs, which offers protection from chain saw mishaps. Loggers wear suspenders, that are more often than not, RED. There is something to be said about working with pant that have suspenders. In our twenties, we didn't need them. Now we do. So, get yourself some logger's pants and a logger's shirt, made of a fabric called, Hickory" stripe. Have no idea why they do that because there is no hickory in Washington. Who knows it could catch on worldwide by every TW rider.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Haw! A Hickory shirt with lace on the collar and cuffs? Now I've seen everything!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rocky, I gotta tell ya, when we saw those little Hickory shirts yesterday, we all busted out laughing. Tiny Hickory shirts...some with lace on them, and some in pink & white stripes. They were darn cute.

We were thinking of getting one of the mini-Hickory shirts, with the lace on it, for Dryden-Tdub, but didn't know if it might be too LARGE for him. :eek:
Oh Ouch!

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Oh man, I can't wait to see the new toy! Love the hickory find, lol.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Now you stop pickin on that poor boy Tom. He can't defend himself when he is at work. He would look cute in one of those though...hehe :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
T'dubs 'n' Aces in Moab, oh my!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Went out to PlumbStraight's house today, to deliver his gloves back to him, and to deliver a Hickory shirt in Pink/White stripes...for Dette, and Randall let me ride/drive his new toy. It is a Polaris ACE 570, and wow does it have a lot of power. Feels very tight right now, as it is brand new, and almost no miles on it. But what a rig. This is what I want to buy for my wife, as the new Honda Rancher quad just doesn't work for her....too short of arms, for turning the quad. So now, sometime in the near future, we will go visit Randall and Janie, and bring them some special cookies, as a bribe to allow my wife to test ride the new ACE 570.

That thing has 45 horsepower, and it feels like it. Quite a machine. I think Janie will really like riding/driving it. I say it that way, because it has a steering wheel, and foot brake and foot gas pedal.

Careful now when you are talking about "special cookies" in Washington state.... :confused2:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, took that ACE out for a first test drive. Going to cost me a few hundred to put it back together. It does not ride like a quad. That thing hooks up. I was stopped on grass, in high range, it the gas and it instantly went on it's side. Will be buying my wife some plastic now. That thing has some grunt. Hit my temple and blood to my beard lol. Oh well, will learn some day.

Just stepped out and picked it up and put it in the garage. One lesson learned, but hey, had to find out. Now the wife knows, the thing is way fast and IT HOOKS UP. DO NOT BE TURNED WHEN YOU HIT THE THROTTLE.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Wow Plumb, that's horrible that happened. On the plus side, you've learned that lesson now. :topsy_turvy:

I'm sorry that happened brother. :(

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Rocky, I gotta tell ya, when we saw those little Hickory shirts yesterday, we all busted out laughing. Tiny Hickory shirts...some with lace on them, and some in pink & white stripes. They were darn cute.

We were thinking of getting one of the mini-Hickory shirts, with the lace on it, for Dryden-Tdub, but didn't know if it might be too LARGE for him. :eek:
What is it with the "PERSONAL" attacks on me;) I have been nothing but cordial with you and you attack me on a public forum?;) Where oh where are the mod's?;)

It would likely fit me. If you could find it in pink, I have an adorable pair of pink and white cowboy boots that would really set it off.

Tammy

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
What is it with the "PERSONAL" attacks on me;) I have been nothing but cordial with you and you attack me on a public forum?;) Where oh where are the mod's?;)

It would likely fit me. If you could find it in pink, I have an adorable pair of pink and white cowboy boots that would really set it off.

Tammy
Someone go find one for Tom, I want to see that pic!...:p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts