·
Registered
6,355 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant post a link yet since I am a newbie. The website is montanascabbards.com

Also you can check it out in action on a TW on our Facebook page. Montana Scabbards.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome. Sweet set up. Now for some pop-up shooting stix from the crossbar and a sled, your journey toward the dark side will be complete.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use my bikes for prehunting scouting. Lots easier then walking and I can cover more ground. Carry a pistol on my chest in a tanker style holster, usually a Glock 40 in 10mm.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I use my bikes for prehunting scouting. Lots easier then walking and I can cover more ground. Carry a pistol on my chest in a tanker style holster, usually a Glock 40 in 10mm.
Are you running that Glock 40 with iron sights or did you take advantage of the modular optics system and put a red dot on yours? I have the same gun and I put a Vortex Venom sight on it. Shoots extremely well!

Tom

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was on my annual archery Elk and deer hunt last week on my TW. (Wolf, Mountain Lion and Bear tags if I happen to run into them too!)

My bike is the one currently stuck in a hole on a thread here. Love the TW for hunting. I have the front and rear racks. Usually carry a gun in a leather scabbard typically used on a horse. 7mm Remmington MAG or an Alaskan Guide Rifle: 45-70 Government. Carry a stainless Colt .44 magnum in a shoulder harness, Glock 23 in a .45 and a Sig Sauer 9mm. I am primarily a bow hunter but the firepower comes in handy for Wolf, Lion and Bear. I recently mounted some extra gas canisters via MSR fuel bottles and some PVC pipe. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Are you running that Glock 40 with iron sights or did you take advantage of the modular optics system and put a red dot on yours? I have the same gun and I put a Vortex Venom sight on it. Shoots extremely well!

Tom
I run both ways. One 40 is set up with a Trijicon red dot and tall night sights which co witness through the sight. Other 40 is bone stock from the factory. Also have two 20's and a 29 bone stock for a total of 5 Glock 10mm's. All depends on weather and what I'll be doing which one gets to go. Nice clear and just trail cruising/scouting the red dot goes. Getting "back" in the brush and mud setting up stands I'll take the stock one so dirt and junk doesn't get in the red dot. The 20's are in my truck and car console. The 29 pulls shoulder holster duty when needed and for road riding the ST1300.

Yeah I hooked on the 10mm. IMHO it's the only caliber you need for personnel defense and hunting. Actually sold off all my other hand guns and consolidated to these. One caliber with all the same mags and same frame and design. All shoot great and are very accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cable, lookin' good! Given how far into the 'field' the TW could take you, how do you retrieve the Elk? You don't drag it behind the TW, do you?

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Added a scabbard today. Tooled around town to see how the .45-70 Gov't. Alaskan Guide gun rode...didn't even know it was there!
I always liked the idea of a gun scabbard in the position you have it or down the front fork tubes. However, for me, it was more for nostalgia looks. Your's will work nicely on your hunting trips being slim and out of the way for the most part.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts