TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does this spring wind around at least once in order to have needed tension on it? It also hooks on this pin correct?
IMG_20170426_192739.jpg
IMG_20170426_192750.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
dwil4-I believe the answer is "yes" to the first question and am confident the answer is "yes" to the second. If you don't preload the spring-the kick start lever won't return. Try dry fitting first to see what works best.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
The answer to your first question is no. It should only require about 150 degrees in the clockwise direction starting in the approximate position shown in the picture below.

100_4138.JPG

The answer to your second questions is yes. The spring is hooked around the post as shown below.

100_4137.JPG

I apologize for the out of focus pictures. These were the best that I had.

It is also very important that the pawl on the kickstarter shaft gear (a kind of rectangular protrusion) is butted up against a mating protrusion on the crankcase at approximately a 4 or 5 o'clock position relative to the kickstarter shaft.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
not sure if its the official way, but to get it all to fit i found it easier to place the kick start handle on the shaft for a lever, hook the spring on then turn the whole thing slowly anti clockwise until it slips into place, as mention above

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it's no problem to figure out the seating position and the set up but I just wasn't sure about the needed spring tension. Thanks TW Brian for the clarification. I started at one full wind and it felt odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts