TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
I am fairly certain I know where you can find that hair brush:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
So I'm hot for one of these RX3s. The CSC site is stagnant, saying the bikes are going through tests, blah , blah, blah.

Has anyone any info on where else to buy one? Google is just full of "road/offroad tests"

Enough already. I want one.

·
Registered
379 Posts
So I'm hot for one of these RX3s. The CSC site is stagnant, saying the bikes are going through tests, blah , blah, blah.

Has anyone any info on where else to buy one? Google is just full of "road/offroad tests"

Enough already. I want one.
The bike has passed the California CARB and EPA tests, and CSC is merely waiting for the official documents.

I paid a deposit on an orange RX3, and the bikes are tentatively scheduled to arrive in early February of 2015. :) I suggest you contact CSC Motorcycles for more information; here is the link to their website.

California Scooter Company | Genuine Quality Scooters

Spud :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The hell with it. I put myself on the list for the bike. It has to be certified first, they are thinking by end year start shipping. Sometimes I'm willing to just go wild, and say give it a shot. Have lost/made way more money in past on other projects, stocks, gold recently, etc. Life is what it is. You don't succeed without failing on occasion.
I think you will be happy with your decision. I see you started another thread here on the Honda CB300F. That's a very nice motorcycle; I like it myself. :) However, I would rather own a Zongshen RX3. ;) I don't want to be limited to riding on pavement, and the RX3 is certainly much more capable for off road riding than the CB300F. Both engines make about the same horsepower. However, the RX3 comes complete with touring/adventure equipment, and has a better suspension. If you add in the perimeter frame and stronger sub-frame for weight bearing capacity, as well as the windshield, 4.2-gallons of fuel, panniers, et cetera, the RX3 really doesn't weigh much more than the CB300F, or the CRF250L, for that matter. ;)

P.S. I hope you joined us at ChinaRiders.net. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
In the Western Hemisphere the Zongshen RX3 is being sold in several countries. CSC Motorcycles is importing the RX3 to the United States and Canada. Zongshen Peru is selling the bike in that country. Three vendors in Santiago are selling the Zongshen RX3 in Chile. Zongshen has a manufacturing plant in Brazil, and cooperates with a company called Kasinski in that country. Therefore, it is rumored the Zongshen RX3 might be sold in Brazil in 2015. Here is a video from Derco Motos, a vendor in Chile which sells Zongshen and Sym vehicles. Sym vehicles are manufactured in Taiwan.

·
Registered
379 Posts
About a week ago, last Thursday, some people from Motorcycle.com took the Zongshen RX3 for a test ride. Motorcycle.com does honest, interesting reviews of motorcycles, so I will be watching to read their report. :) I anticipate they will probably compare the Zongshen RX3 to the other, 250cc, dual sport motorcycles. Roughly arranged from the most dirt-capable bike, to the most street-capable motorcycle, here is the 250cc lineup.

Yamaha WR250R
Kawasaki KLX250S
Yamaha XT250
Honda CRF250L
Zongshen RX3

The price range also roughly follows the same sequence, from the most expensive bike, to the least expensive motorcycle. ;)

Anticipating the upcoming ride review, and a possible, future, dual sport shootout, here is the Motorcycle.com video comparison of the Kawasaki KLX250S versus the Honda CRF250L. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Spud, this is looking better and better. Thanks for sharing this info. This is a pretty nicely set bike out of the gate, hard to beat, only wish it was a little bigger engine wise.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Spud, this is looking better and better. Thanks for sharing this info. This is a pretty nicely set bike out of the gate, hard to beat, only wish it was a little bigger engine wise.
You're welcome. :) Zongshen has spent millions of dollars on a new research and development facility. One of the bikes currently under development is the ZX 450 Rally Raid motorcycle.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Willy Jobard, the winner of the 2011 SONANGOL AFRICA ECO RACE, rode the Zongshen, ZX 450 HYBRID2 in the 2014 race.

I might be wrong, but I think Willy Jobard finished sixteenth in the overall, general standings. At the following link, select the 'moto' category.

http://www.africarace-live.com/en/positionnement11.html

I believe Willy Jobard finished third in the special motorcycle classification.

I don't know when this bike will be manufactured, or if it will ever be sold in North America. :confused:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here is the undoubtedly fair scorecard posted in the Motorcycle.com review of the 2015 Zongshen RX3. :)

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
You Sir are an addict! Your passion for these bikes appears unrivaled and if karma actually exists your RX-3 will go without issue for 200,000 miles:D

Tom

41 - 60 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.