Registered
13,985 Posts
CT125 "concept bike". Bwahaha

Reactions: CJ7Pilot

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well,
I haven't read anything on it but, I'm kind-a assuming that Honda's gonna use the Monkey Bike motor, also a 125cc fuel injected one. I rode that little Monkey bike and, for that little bike, to power my fat ass, 245 lb. 6'2" body UP a lot of our streets (everything is up hill in Lake Havasu), to say the least, I was very impressed. I have no idea what the weight of that new CT is vs the Monkey bike and, what the gearing is vs the Monkey bike but, if it's the same motor, and the weight is close, that's gonna be a great little commuter.
Scott

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really like the return of the Trail 90 style vs the ruckus or groms now offered.
But this really falls short, Where are the cool novelty features like folding handlebars, dual range transfer and auto clutch.
Heck they were running double sprockets back in the 60’s and what happened to that cool front fender reflector. I don’t see any of these kinds of creative ideas from Honda and they used to be the innovative leaders.
F54DDD77-5DCB-46A7-A22C-432574B18AF1.jpeg
I found this on CL $100 in a milk crate and rotting away. I proudly bolted the crate it came in on the back rack (not in this glamor shot)
The TW is much better motorcycle than my old 90, the TW suspension, brakes and handling are all way ahead. The 90 gets the most attention though, I can’t take it shopping anymore after catching people sitting on it, multiple times. I don’t know if it’s the “cuteness “, nostalgia, step through frame or the centerstand that triggers this, but WAY too much attention.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just finished the reconditioning of a 1980 CT110. It was the only way I could get my wife off the ATV and on 2 wheels. Now we can ditch the trailer and go riding with our bikes in the back of the truck. Even though the CT is primarily her bike, I frequently take it for a spin around the neighborhood. The CT is a ton of fun. I’m glad that it appears Honda will bring the CT back into production. The new version may be in my future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Nostalgia gets the best of many of us with these bikes. Back as a kid all my friends had Honda trail 90s. I had a lowly Hodaka Ace 90 and could outrun the Hondas but the damn Hondas just kept going long after my Hodaka broke down, often. Back then I always looked at them as Girly Bikes that anyone could ride. When I met SmittyB at a big MC meet and got a good look at a couple of his survivors they sure did bring back fond memories. I know for sure the day I find a nice old Honda stuffed in the back of a garage for 30-40 years I will probably buy it if priced right and in exceptional unmolested condition. The few I have had that were rode hard and put up wet just became money pits trying to bring them back.

My dream has always been for the auto companies to bring back a couple of my favorites like the 1966 GTO or the 1969 Chevelle SS 396/375HP. Never going to happen these days with all the regulations and safety standards.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
this new pic shows a kicker... still no mention of dual range trans, fold down bars or the spare gas tank...

·
Super Moderator
18,177 Posts
this new pic shows a kicker... still no mention of dual range trans, fold down bars or the spare gas tank...
View attachment 208093
I've been really interested in these real interested in these too. From what I can see there will be no dual transmission or folding handlebars or gas tank. Have you checked out the CT Hunter 125? I like that one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This was in my inbox this morning. I still want a T-dub.....
Trail125 ABS Model Announcement
I had a BMW F650GS Dakar I rode all over the West. The best thing you can do for an adventure bike is put antilock front brake on it and that one had it. I see the bike you linked to has it too. I could grab a hand full of brake and never have the front wash out. On the rear was another story. It was like having no brake at all on loose dirt/gravel. The rear locks up on a gravel hop, the brake turns off and away you go! Wheee! Ha!
Anyways, on my dream TW200, besides fuel injection and rear disc brake would be anti lock front disc brake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts