TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I am having a hard time removing and putting back the gas cap every time I fill it up, so I am wondering if you have change it for something else? I do not even need a key on it, so ....please advice

Damasovi

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Lubing it will help temporarily, but must be repeated frequently. The tabs on the cap can be bent to make them looser, but the real fix is to go to a salvage yard and find a nonlocking cap that fits. Many old Yamaha's used the same size caps. Note: Tanks from 2002 and earlier had large gas cap openings and 2003 on used a smaller cap. Here's one type of cap to look for on older bikes
You can see the size difference in these caps which fit the respective year groups of TWs.

·
Registered
912 Posts
A new gasket fixed it for me. Since Yamaha does NOT sell an oem replacement, you need to go to Kobota for part #12521-41340 "Gasket, Tank cap". It fits some kind of generator. They can order it in if its not in stock. About $6.00.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
A new gasket fixed it for me. Since Yamaha does NOT sell an oem replacement, you need to go to Kobota for part #12521-41340 "Gasket, Tank cap". It fits some kind of generator. They can order it in if its not in stock. About $6.00.
fishguy, perhap's I missed the point,but, how in the heck did you figure the Koboda gasket would fit!.......good figuren!!.

·
Registered
912 Posts
fishguy, perhap's I missed the point,but, how in the heck did you figure the Koboda gasket would fit!.......good figuren!!.
It seems like I saw it on this forum. The "poster" even knew which generator model it came from. That's what I love about this place. The knowledge just flows out. Problem is, sometimes, you can't turn it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts