TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
As much as I want to try and squeeze something in now, I think with the rain likely coming and as @white mule mentioned the state of those trails after a good rain (there is a lot of soft dirt and sand mix, I can imagine with a lot of the exposed roots and small sections with steep incline/decline... could make those trails a bit treacherous,

So, what does everyone think about a May/June timeframe? In between the holiday weekends and after the weather warms up? That should get the trails nice and dried out if we give it a solid week of summer weather.

I'm thinking a 2-3 day deal for the core days, and the people can just show up early or stay late if they want more time in the area (there's plenty more than just riding to do and see).

This won't prevent any get together a up there beforehand, I need to ride and check out some of the other trails up there. So some scouting trips while the weather is still nice could be in order.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Big Nlake, You mentioned a SoCal or closer ride. Any info on that?
I would throw a fresh post up in general or the off road rides section asking about the SoCal riders and their group rides, I'm not going to have much more info, other than I know there are a couple annual ones that some have posted about.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Blake, absolutely count me in for a Spring trip. Will bring the Truck Camper I spent all Winter restoring. I’ve been very much looking forward to seeing this part of Washington since moving out West. P

View attachment 229967
Awesome Westie! Camper looks good.

I'll keep you posted on the dates. I'm gonna see if the weather holds up enough to get back up to Tahuya Adventure for some more trail exploration. I'll let you and the group here know when/if I'm heading back up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts