TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of braggin here, so bear with me.

You see I have these neighbor kids that have kind of adopted my wife Nikki and I. Two boys, 12 and 13 years old. They've been hanging around for a few years now, and have become part of our family. The often spend the weekends here, we take them with us to family gatherings and on adventures here and there.

Well I won't let them play video games here. There is more than enough for them to get into around here without sitting on their asses in the house. So when all the other kids are getting new gaming consoles, they sometimes tell me about it. (Like far to many family's these days, money is really tight at home for them, and well, it's rough) So late last fall I got to thinking, they have been a big help this past summer. They help Nikki in the gardens, help with the dogs (5 of them), help cut firewood, whatever we're into, they are into...

So,
I felt that they indeed deserved a PlayStation, so I got them one. the kind that lets Boys ride the wind, conquer real challenges, learn that poor decisions aren't always repaired with a restart, have a reason to learn about math and physics and just be boys.
I bought them a Honda XR100. :blob3:

Some other neighbors bought some gear, we already have a little flat track and some trails here, so needless to say, Life's Good for these guys. They are good boys going through some rough stuff, and hopefully this little bike will help them, if only a bit, to find a way to succeed in this world.. Please.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
You are a wonderful person to take these kids under your wing. I had a mentor that I will never forget. Started me out on a tractor at about 10 and I have had one every since. Taught me how to work. Of course when I was coming up, only computer was on Dick Tracy's wrist.

·
Registered
312 Posts
they are going to remember this forever..what a awesome thing to do. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
good on ya! sounds like a good deal for everyone, thanks for making the world a better place. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys but to be honest with everyone, it's a blast having them here. They are good young men. There may be some issues at home, but they have a family that loves them and has raised them to be respectful, so they are a joy to have around. They make us smile.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Awesome. They'll never forget it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Tom, the rewards in your own heart are immeasurable. I mentor youngsters restoring antique tractors in high school. They have no understanding of how selfish I am, by seeing them accomplish their goals. My greatest effort is this year with an autistic young man and his Farmall model B tractor. God bless you, the feeling never leaves.
Mel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts