TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 up Tecumseh snowblower that starts if its primed but dies as soon. As you stop priming it. Whats my issue?

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I could not figure out a weedeater carb here recently. Blew it out multiple times. Ended up taking it to the shop and it came back running, but still not sure why. Maybe the vent lines, wasn't the primer, but it kinda sounds like it's one of the two for you if you unless the carb is clogged up. Pretty simple to take apart and clean.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The primer bulb injects fuel in to the carb or cylinder depending upon where it is in the supply line. Once the engine starts the fuel is delivered by way of suction on the intake side as the piston goes down. If it runs while you are manually pumping fuel with the primer bulb but won't stay running then you have a clog in a line or an air leak in the vacuum between the carb and fuel supply. Most carbs have a diaphragm in them and this would be my guess that it is either torn or disintegrated.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry TinyWheel; I can't resist. I don't have a clue as to your snowblower not working right.

But as to your question of............ "Whats my issue?"...............I think your new bride would be the better person to ask!!! :eek: :p :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had a Norwegian hockey coach when I was a kid. He would get mad and say "Yoor mudder iss a snow blower."

Reactions: grewen and Fred

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thabks for the help. It appeared to be a case of voodoo. After not running for a week it fired up first pull. I feel like it was an issue of junk being dislodged accidentally.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Snowblower is also a euphemism from the 1980s for cocaine user. Is that what he meant?

Hell if I know, but if it was, then there was 20 kids with mothers hooverin schnieff off a Aldo Nova mirror in a rink bathroom in Spokane.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub and Mel
1 - 15 of 15 Posts