TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had planned for a big annual camp out this weekend bike packing (bicycle) and it just didnt work out for any one really. Ill be damned if that gonna stop me! I did a long bicycle ride sunday morning instead and headed out on the tw afterwards. I went to a new area that Id never been and WOW was it spectacular. I added another 200 miles to the tw odometer and had some great times. I took it as a chalange not to say a work from when I left till I got back home. Ill let the pictures do the talking for me.....
Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr
after I got it all unloaded

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
looks like a beautiful area. what is the rock grotto/cave in pic #4?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: Allanb

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just a cave in the wall. I went in there and had a look. just plants in there. its not too deep, but enough to hide from the rain if need be.

looks like a beautiful area. what is the rock grotto/cave in pic #4?

Reactions: Allanb and Lyterx

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It looks like the area in what used to be the Colombia River canyon below the dry falls. There are several lakes along the old used to be riverbed. The whole area is north of Soap Lake in the middle of the state. I recommend swimming in Soap lake. The water has a soapy feel to it because of the unusual minerals dissolved. It is said to be health giving and a curative for what ails you. It was used that way by Indians for thousands of years before the white men built a health spa along its' shores. There are caves that were lived in by people who predated the known Indian tribes in the area. Many of these caves are up in the cliffs where the water level was when the Colombia River ran through there. Outstanding place to ride. Watch out for snattlerakes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting you should say that.... this is on the quilamene just south of dry falls and soap lake. I have swam in soap lake and camped in that area a bit. Ive spent a fair amount of time in the area between vantage and grand coulee. most of the time I'm on the east side of the river. I learned today that the cave used to be a root cellar type thing. It used to have a structure built over the front of it to enclose it.

It looks like the area in what used to be the Colombia River canyon below the dry falls. There are several lakes along the old used to be riverbed. The whole area is north of Soap Lake in the middle of the state. I recommend swimming in Soap lake. The water has a soapy feel to it because of the unusual minerals dissolved. It is said to be health giving and a curative for what ails you. It was used that way by Indians for thousands of years before the white men built a health spa along its' shores. There are caves that were lived in by people who predated the known Indian tribes in the area. Many of these caves are up in the cliffs where the water level was when the Colombia River ran through there. Outstanding place to ride. Watch out for snattlerakes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as I count down the final weeks untill our baby is born I have my wifes blessing to adventure as much as I can as long as I have cell reception. A year ago I took this trip and it was so great I did it again. My tw rack is getting repowdercoated so I had to take my AT. Normally I wouldnt complain but ive never worked so hard in my life on a motorcycle. 650lbs is waaaaay to much for 125lb me on a crazy knarly road with rolling boulders and washouts. all in all I made it and didnt drop the bike.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
The terrain you're riding in is just like much of what we have here. Awesome spring riding if not too wet and muddy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts