TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a roughly 40 mile ride today east of Colorado Springs.

Mix of paved and dirt roads. Saw some cows. A lot of open fields. A roadside stand selling some (delicious) homemade bread @ South Peyton Highway/Squirrel Creek Rd.

Was a lovely hour or so, from ~15mph to ~60mph.

Here's the pics:
IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0848.JPG IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0854.JPG

Toward the end of the ride, I saw Barack and Hillary. At the end of the ride, Hillary gave a speech (took a crap). Unfortunately I did not get it on video. What happened!?

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
I went on a roughly 40 mile ride today east of Colorado Springs.

Mix of paved and dirt roads. Saw some cows. A lot of open fields. A roadside stand selling some (delicious) homemade bread @ South Peyton Highway/Squirrel Creek Rd.

Was a lovely hour or so, from ~15mph to ~60mph.

Here's the pics:
View attachment 126105

I wished I would have explored more when I lived in C.S. back in the mid 80's, 1980's that is. Mrs. A and I were watching the Lt. Kenda show, I bet I wouldn't recognise anything in CS anymore. 30 something years ago will do that I guess. Nice ride!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I wished I would have explored more when I lived in C.S. back in the mid 80's.....
Hah! Beat you.....I was there in the 60's and early 70's. Great place to go to college. I learned to fly at Black Forest gliderport.
And I did a LOT of exploring on my 160 Enduro! Some things never change. :p

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Hah! Beat you.....I was there in the 60's and early 70's. Great place to go to college. I learned to fly at Black Forest gliderport.
And I did a LOT of exploring on my 160 Enduro! Some things never change. :p

I wasted my time there by not going out more. You got to see it from on high. And if you were there today you'd have the chance to see if from on high and high if you so chose to do that sort of thing. encore.gif

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I wasted my time there by not going out more. You got to see it from on high. And if you were there today you'd have the chance to see if from on high and high if you so chose to do that sort of thing. View attachment 126617
Heh...I was definitely high most of the time I was in C.S. One of my distinctly remembered rides was up Gold Camp road (which I did many times), wearing the old Bausch and Lomb Aviator sunglasses with the little circular reinforcement between the lenses when a yellowjacket hit me precisely in that spot:

Not only did it hurt like hell, but within a minute or two my eyes swelled almost shut! I spent about an hour by the side of the road recovering before I could continue. I have always wondered just how that damn yellowjacket manage to turn himself ass first in the millisecond before impact! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts