TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Really interesting stuff you can find. in the desert! :icon_thumleft:

From the thread title I figures you were talking native recipes for the ocotillo shrub which can plump up nicely after a good rain. ocotillo dry.jpg

If you say it's latin name, Fuquieria splendens, real fast ten times your mother will wash your mouth out with soap.;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
My favorite is when your buddy shoots a cous deer while it's in an ocotillo thicket and you have to get it out. May as well crawl though razor wire, it's more forgiving than ocotillo. Or cholla for that matter.
Nice vid Nick, as usual.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My favorite is when your buddy shoots a cous deer while it's in an ocotillo thicket and you have to get it out. May as well crawl though razor wire, it's more forgiving than ocotillo. Or cholla for that matter.
Nice vid Nick, as usual.
If I live the rest of my life and never see another Cholla, I won't be disappointed. Nobody's coming in though the window with Cholla growing underneath.

What's worse- falling into a large Cholla or a large brambleberry? Answer- irrelevant. When you're screwed, you're screwed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Roger that!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Now that looks like a fun place to learn or hone your offroad riding skills for sure. Just before you start to giggle, I'm thinking this is a pucker place and then I hear your nervous laugh/giggle. Then I giggle. Didn't you once mention you were in a band? What kind of music do you play? Regardless, I like the variety of background music you play in your videos. Good stuff. While I think drone video enhances our viewing experience, I want to commend you on the amount you blend in with the POV video. I like a "little" drone video sprinkled in and yours is just the right amount for my visual tastebuds (i.e. not too much).

Thanks for sharing, good ride!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thanks Nick another awesome vid. Last year before we went to Death Valley and the San Rafael Swell ride we camped at Clark dry lake on the north side of the ORav area met a guy from Canada who did some riding with us. We did a day long ride down to the pumpkin patch, gas dome and to that restaurant on the south side. We rode a huge wash in the middle west tha Anza the Spanish explorer used. My wife had a spill and landed on a flat rock that cracked her rib. She was still recovering when we were in Utah. We had some amazing fun on our bikes while it lasted.

C8E4B4D8-EEBA-400B-83E5-69F6609C8374.jpeg B1D17E49-A3FD-4DCF-8CAB-8FDB747D3888.jpeg i

127753C3-836B-444C-B3DE-93F55D4C9EC6.jpeg

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
My new TW will be on the road 3rd week of April. It will 8-months of waiting between the time it was purchased, and that April time.

Your videos have helped me get by the maddening wait.

Thanx, and keep making those cool vids.

Holy Moly, 8 months waiting. I shan't complain about 4 at all!:)

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really interesting stuff you can find. in the desert! :icon_thumleft:

From the thread title I figures you were talking native recipes for the ocotillo shrub which can plump up nicely after a good rain. View attachment 190672

If you say it's latin name, Fuquieria splendens, real fast ten times your mother will wash your mouth out with soap.;)
Haha, my new favorite word. Fuquieria, Fuquieria, Fuquieria!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that looks like a fun place to learn or hone your offroad riding skills for sure. Just before you start to giggle, I'm thinking this is a pucker place and then I hear your nervous laugh/giggle. Then I giggle. Didn't you once mention you were in a band? What kind of music do you play? Regardless, I like the variety of background music you play in your videos. Good stuff. While I think drone video enhances our viewing experience, I want to commend you on the amount you blend in with the POV video. I like a "little" drone video sprinkled in and yours is just the right amount for my visual tastebuds (i.e. not too much).

Thanks for sharing, good ride!
Kind of like the nervous laugh you give the dentist right before he says you won’t feel a thing. :upset: LIES!! LOL

I sure did! We have dabbled in everything from punk, metal, blues, hard rock, 80s, lounge, country. Maybe I’ll post some material here for those who care to listen :D Bluegrass and Outlaw Country have also become a huge part of my daily music listening habits…especially over the last 5-8 years.

I totally agree with you (not just because its my vid, haha). You can definitely cross the line with drone footage at which point it loses its magic…but hey, to each their own I guess!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Nick another awesome vid. Last year before we went to Death Valley and the San Rafael Swell ride we camped at Clark dry lake on the north side of the ORav area met a guy from Canada who did some riding with us. We did a day long ride down to the pumpkin patch, gas dome and to that restaurant on the south side. We rode a huge wash in the middle west tha Anza the Spanish explorer used. My wife had a spill and landed on a flat rock that cracked her rib. She was still recovering when we were in Utah. We had some amazing fun on our bikes while it lasted.

View attachment 190690 View attachment 190692 i

View attachment 190694
Thank you!

San Rafael Swell looks outstanding! I think some would argue that it outranks Moab?

The area is so huge that we didn’t get a chance to see gas dome. A second visit is definitely in order!

OUCH! I've had a rib injury before. NO FUN!:apologetic:

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My new TW will be on the road 3rd week of April. It will 8-months of waiting between the time it was purchased, and that April time.

Your videos have helped me get by the maddening wait.

Thanx, and keep making those cool vids.

Crikey! 8 months! :( Maddening is right!

Glad the vids helped soothe the burn, haha!

Thanks for the support!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts