TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
At least you are not damaging your bike.
I keep bend the shifter or brake pedal on the Scorpa.
Need to find a tire that works on the back of the Scorpa. Gummy Mountain hybrid is not hooking up on rock faces. I got 3/4 of the way up a 5’ rock face. Front tire just cresting when the rear tire starts spinning…

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Was that a little blood on the back of your bare hand?
Morman cricket migrations sure are creepy, we are not getting many this year
We are dealing instead with the emerging cicada nymphs here, at least we get a 13 to 17 year break from them but their shells, bodies and burrows are everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least you are not damaging your bike.
I keep bend the shifter or brake pedal on the Scorpa.
Need to find a tire that works on the back of the Scorpa. Gummy Mountain hybrid is not hooking up on rock faces. I got 3/4 of the way up a 5’ rock face. Front tire just cresting when the rear tire starts spinning…
A 5-foot rock face...you're crazy haha. We had to watch out for a light dusting of sand-like material onto hardpack dirt. An unintentional slide into a rut is unnerving. I was surprised that nothing (noticeable) was bent or broken on either fall. While not hurt directly, I can now feel the soreness of these falls the next day...and several days after. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that a little blood on the back of your bare hand?
Morman cricket migrations sure are creepy, we are not getting many this year
We are dealing instead with the emerging cicada nymphs here, at least we get a 13 to 17 year break from them but their shells, bodies and burrows are everywhere.
I have no blood on my hands haha. I've always wanted to say that. I had to go back and look at and it's actually not blood. It's the wrinkles of my hand. But you made me look to see if I did have a scratch. Another interesting thing about the second ride, it's the first time in 10-15 years I've forgotten my gloves at home. Actually, they were behind the seat on the floor of my truck but I couldn't find them when I was looking. Good thing it wasn't cold out!
I've been on two rides with Oldworld124 in two completely different area's and both had Mormon Crickets. These were a little more "grown-up" as our first encounter was a month or so ago. They do creep a person out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts