TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent similar pictures to several relatives and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Chime in with a simple yes or no on whether you have heard of the "Solyndra scandal". I am not trying to start a fight or be political but I am just curious.

And one with me on my DR650 taken last Saturday. All other pictures taken today 9-19-'11.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Can you get a solar panel for the TW?
Keep the battery topped up?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Anyone who doesn't rely on television or the internet for their news has known of them for years.

At least we bought them a nice building, if nothing else. Maybe we can rent it out for .02 cents on the dollar.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Haven't heard of them, but then again, I live on Mars in a cave, with my head buried in sand under a rock. When I'm not there, I live in the People's Republic of New Jersey (on the right coast). So...what's the scandal all about?

-Lorddaftbiker

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Have heard of it, but not followed the story closely enough to know much beyond the basics. I'd rather ride my TW than keep up on the typically depressing news.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Was curious and looked around a little. http://theendtimesarehere.com/tag/solyandra/

Two weeks ago, alternative energy company Solyndra, which received $535 million in “stimulus” loan guarantees from the Obama administration, collapsed. Solyndra was the poster child for the Obama administration’s claim that it could create green jobs with taxpayer money. Now 1,100 more people are out of work and American taxpayers are on the hook for half a billion dollars.

This must be the biggest white elephant I have seen. It makes me feel better since none of my mistakes can measure up to this one and seem minor in comparison. Thanks for the visuals Tony. It's like Admiral's ride where he focussed on dead things.

Malcolm

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Nope, didn't know. But I live farther out in the country than truelight does! So far out trees don't even grow where I live!

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was curious and looked around a little. http://theendtimesar.../tag/solyandra/

Malcolm

Malcolm, Thanks for the link. I have forwarded it to some relatives of mine.

Qwerty, Three out of four of the pictures have been re-sized smaller. I left the empty parking lot picture big for the dramatic effect when expanded. And get a cable hookup.

Tony

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Solyndra is a fine example of everything wrong with the U. S. of A. Maybe this thread should be locked before it goes political?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm not in the SF Bay area (across the country, in fact) - also live way out in the boonies, but am well acquainted with the Solyndra stuff. Probably doesn't hurt that I am on "the fringe of The Biz"

qwerty: we can probably (possibly?) keep it non-political

1 - 20 of 46 Posts