1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
312 Posts
wow that is a nice hand cannon, hope you get it good luck. I love my ruger super single six in 17hmr.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like that.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I keep thinking about a 17hmr bolt gun.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ranger #120 of 250 special 45lc cal Blackhawks made by Ruger for the Arizona Rangers in 1979. These guns were sold and distributed to the Rangers by drawing. 50 more were sold to one of Rugers Arizona distributors but were not actual Ranger Guns. 5 remaining guns were kept by Ruger. This gun remains like new and unfired. It comes complete with Original box, shipper and special box end label along with paperwork. These guns do not come up for sale often and this one is just as it came from Ruger. this is not a hand cannon it is an investment.

·
Registered
312 Posts
woops sorry dont know what i was thinking there calliin a fine piece of hardware like that a hand cannon....must be that low-brow-redneck side of me i guess...so let me try again...thats a nice investment there hope you get it......can I still call non investment big bore guns hand cannons or will that still offend them?...again sorry i will try harder next time to keep my red neck side in check;)

Reactions: MSWRC

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very, VERY nice! I wish I was at a point where collecting was in the cards. I'm still in outfitting mode. (HD, hunting and EDC).

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Sweet Piece, but, at the $ I can buy a boat load of ammo for those weapons I already have...:protest:

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pick it up Saturday!

Reactions: Fred

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Agreed. I couldn't own a pistol like that. I'd HAVE to shoot it even though I have shot a bevy of similar pieces in .45LC. Problem is, I never had any dies for that load so I never pursued much development, but it sure seemed capable of some good power for Cowboy events.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I live in Arizona and this is a limited Ruger Handgun for the Arizona Rangers Like the Texas Rangers the bulk of the guns are owned with the AZ rangers of the 220 made in the 1979's only 10 went public and 5 went into the Ruger Museum.
I have no urge to shoot it I have many I have not pulled the trigger on I have to be careful as dirt bags might see this post. and I will hold this like a bond and sale in twenty years for a small profit.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to put it in a glass case and look at it when I wake up like art work and say it is a good day.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you know how rare it is to have a handgun that has never been fired in 35 years.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I spend most of my online time on the S&W forum and there are many collectors on there that have many unfired safe queens. I shoot all my guns and if I have something that's too nice
to shoot i'll sell it to a collector.
Love your logic! Kinda like buying a hammer you can't pound nails with. I do understand the whole collectibles aspect it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. To each their own and I do hope Z gets his cabinet piece:D

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Do you know how rare it is to have a handgun that has never been fired in 35 years.
I own 23 firearms and it is rare to find one of them unfired for 35 days!

Tom

·
Registered
182 Posts
I live in Arizona and this is a limited Ruger Handgun for the Arizona Rangers Like the Texas Rangers the bulk of the guns are owned with the AZ rangers of the 220 made in the 1979's only 10 went public and 5 went into the Ruger Museum.
I have no urge to shoot it I have many I have not pulled the trigger on I have to be careful as dirt bags might see this post. and I will hold this like a bond and sale in twenty years for a small profit.
If you want 2 of them here is another one. No box.
Ruger New Model Blackhawk ,45 Arizona Rangers : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts