1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Very cool...go, Grizz on a Vic!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Admirable ride. Not exactly the bike i would want for the trip. I have had my Victory Vegas down a few dirt and gravel roads and found it quite a bit unnerving. I have ridden numerous cruisers on gravel with out issue but the Vegas just seams scary and vague despite its great handling and road feel on pavement.

That being said if I was offered the opportunity to ride the world i would do It on a bloody Vespa if they asked lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
True enuff but then again affording to do an iron butt ride is attainable to most so one could justify doing it on there own dime on a bike that they feel comfy on. But rounding the world is not exactly going to be financially feasible for the majority myself included. So given the opportunity I still stand to say I'd ride most any bike for the chance to have that Journy/adventure.

That being said myself in not interested in iron but style riding. I ride for enjoyment and to enjoy the journey so I'd like not enjoy the trip Grizz is attempting.

My last long haul was 3 weeks and 12,000kms across Canada on a Honda CBF600Sa (basically a Honda clone of the FZ6 Yamaha). That trip was about perfect. Most days equated to 500-600kms with my longest day running about 950kms (praries lol).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts