TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
If yours is lacking, it's not much. Both of mine top out about the same. The only thing you describe that seems off is having to rev it to get rolling, but your taller gearing may explain that. As Loghousenut touched on, gearing up doesn't really gain speed or mileage unless you're built like a jockey. TWs are much closer to a Doodlebug than anything Austrian.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I found 14/55 to be a good all-around ratio for the type of riding I do, whichisprobably90% off-road. 50-55mph is about where it comfortably tops out. It'll go a little faster but I don't like running it that hard. It's a noticeable improvement over stock on the trails. Goes anywhere I need it to.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
You've only got 12-14hp between your legs. There's only so much that can be done with leverage. Even with my XT swapped bike, my upright body catching wind costs 4-5mph vs tucking down on the tank. I don't think there's likely anything "wrong" with your TW. It may just not have optimal gearing. There are guys who claim to do 70+ on theirs. That may be true but I've never been able to and none of the guys I've ridden with have done it while I'm around. Remember, it's a TrailWay200 not a FreeWay200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts