TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200
313 Posts
Without re-reading everything above- I do not recall your elevation where you live being stated. That is also a very big factor in the engine output of such a low displacement, low HP engine.
As for jetting, if you are too large on the main jet in relation to elevation, you may be over-jetted and slowing yourself down.

As stated they are very low power and there just is not much oomph there, to be honest. Maybe a different bike is in order for you? There are many great choices if you want more oomph, suspension, speed, handling etc...

·
Registered
2004 TW200
313 Posts
Please no offense intended - But, I would not take that as "Trash Talking" Give the guy a little slack.
He is basically telling it like it is. The TW is a great little trail bike and it is very old-tech. It is a fun, very easy-to-ride little bike that nearly any person on the planet can sling a leg over and ride and probably be grinning. But in my opinion, It stinks on anything more than 40-50ish MPH.
It's a fun super simple bike. It does not have much power, half what my lawn tractor has, but it has just enough to do what it is intended for - fun and easy, little offroad, little on road. I really question in-stock form running and cruising at 65 mph as some have stated. I know mine really hates anything over 50ish.
That said - it is just my opinion and thoughts on the TW, which the poster above is also entitled to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts