TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
That's quite a chase. He obviously couldn't keep up in the straight a ways. Personally, I think the chase should have been called off, there were too many lives put in danger, but you gotta hand it to him for determination to catch the bad guy!!

Now this brings me to a question...(note that I'm usually a pretty law abiding citizen)...but has anyone else out there ditched the PO-PO? :p

Registered
I'm thinking the perp circled around and got back on his bike and fled. A little surprised that when the bad guy went on foot, the cop left his siren on. Nothing like announcing your location to the bad guy. I think the chase should have been called off also.

Registered
I ditched to cops a few times back in the day and always on a dual sport bike. Had a town cop flip around after catching me in a wheelie. He pulled up along side of me at around 40 MPH motioning for me to pull over. I jammed the brakes on and did a quick U turn and just up the road at the top of the hill and while he was still trying to do a 3 point flip around I hit the woods and disappeared. He is still looking for me and that was 50 years ago :p

GaryL

Registered
I'm thinking that what stopped the chase was a lack of enough gasoline in the perps bike. You can't run that far at those kind of speeds without consuming a lot of fuel.
I think he was very close to empty and ditched the bike where he could run on foot.

Registered
I don't think the cop was all that bright. first off he should have called it off! then I think his riding skills needed some more practice, I heard him run the motor up into valve float twice, instead of shifting. and his shifting was bad. and then there is the fact that he couldn't catch a bike with 2 on it.

Registered
Even though he won't admit it the officer was thinking " I live for this" Also the guy he was chasing had skill. They need to recruit him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts