TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! New to the site..Lots of great info. Picked up the TW Ive been looking for. Its an 03 with 210 miles on it. Great fun on and off road. Looking for input on wider foot pegs, better hand grips, 12 volt accessory plug in. Any input would be great !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought it from a retired couple who had it on the back of their Motorhome. Health reasons made them decide to sell.. glad this one came along because I was going to buy new and this was a third of the price.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Bought it from a retired couple who had it on the back of their Motorhome. Health reasons made them decide to sell.. glad this one came along because I was going to buy new and this was a third of the price.
Congrats, sounds like you got a great deal!

I've owned a 2003 before and I think it is one of the nicer color schemes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like the same type of deal I picked up in June. Motorhome bike 09, 400 miles. Had to rebuild carb, Take the surface rust off (lived on the beach) and clean up the chain.
So far have added:
Tusk risers (wish I would have spent the extra $ and bought Rox anti vibe type)
Added a kickstarter (Bay Area Yamaha are great people to order from. Oregon area)
Replaced stock rear shock spring with Pro cycle constant rate spring
Brought the front fork oil level up to forum recomended height, (Much better action and cheap
Just ordered a Manracks rear bbq rack. So that means I need a Roto X gas jug and attachment.

Going to buy a new front tire to try to bring the road vibes down to something less than an electric sander.

And the list goes on $$$

Good luck

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would run some good fresh gas thru it with Sea Foam, make sure the carb has no problems. It may have been sitting with old gas. One of the members here had footpegs made up by a mfg. and you can find the info here someplace. If you want to carry a small amount of stuff you could make do with the Yamaha rear rack, but most of us with racks have something much bigger, like Cycle Rack brand
Motorcycle Accessories in Boise ID | Carrier Racks | Cycle Racks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Change the gearing. Most stock gearing is only to satisfy EPA approval. I geared my down alot and now it really handles the tough trails and terrain. Heavy duty skid plate. The low height I love but you find the rocks. The suspension is very soft and you bottom out and the stock aluminum plate is a joke. good bark busters. I put the cyclegear rack and love it. I can mount gun racks bags that are out of the way. I have grip warmers. I put a Lithium battery that is lighter and more relieable. NO kick start back up must have a good battery. Newer low profile mirrors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts