TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so proud of the tw today. After 3 years of riding trails I finally took the mmc endorsement skills test today. The little bike whipped through the course with zero point deductions. A perfect score. Even the examiner was impressed with how well she performed. Feels good to put a plate on the beast.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Congrats! I was able to use a TW during my motorcycle training course. They are a perfect bike for taking the test...and EVERYTHING else!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's where I first rode a TW, taking my road test. The testing facility had about 15 of them all very low mileage. When I completed the course I went looking for one. I bought a new 2009.

Wayne.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was so proud of the tw today. After 3 years of riding trails I finally took the mmc endorsement skills test today. The little bike whipped through the course with zero point deductions. A perfect score. Even the examiner was impressed with how well she performed. Feels good to put a plate on the beast.

Your too modest cdsdave, as good as the TW is it didn't ride it self on the test.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
cdsdave, if you haven't taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse please do so ASAP. The classroom portion will provide a basic outlook on defensive riding, outlining mindsets and thinking strategies for dealing with road hazards that most people never consider. There is a reason some people seem to have a crisis situation every time they get on a bike and other people ride the same roads and never have a crisis situation. Different mindsets and thinking strategies are the reason. You probably won't have any problem with the riding portion, so pick a cruiser or sport style bike to raise the challenge quotient.

More info here.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cdsdave, if you haven't taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse please do so ASAP. The classroom portion will provide a basic outlook on defensive riding, outlining mindsets and thinking strategies for dealing with road hazards that most people never consider. There is a reason some people seem to have a crisis situation every time they get on a bike and other people ride the same roads and never have a crisis situation. Different mindsets and thinking strategies are the reason. You probably won't have any problem with the riding portion, so pick a cruiser or sport style bike to raise the challenge quotient.

More info here.

Thanks for that advise qwerty. If I get serious about road riding I am sure I will take that course. Right now I live in a remote part of Michigan and the little bit of road riding I do I am way more scared of hitting a deer than I am of the minor amount of traffic I encounter. If I ever move back down to Detroit I would be very tempted to get a Ninja 250 and play on the wide open and lightly traveled Boulevards in and around the city. For now I have an 18 mile private trail system that me and my brother built so I pretty much stay on my property until I run out of food and have to go into town to re-supply the cupboards. If it wasn't for the bike and the trails I would already be back in Detroit since there ain't nothin' to do around here other than ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your too modest cdsdave, as good as the TW is it didn't ride it self on the test.

Thanks for the kind words. I do practice slow riding. Figure eights, sharp u-turns, and fast stops are part of my riding routine. With that said, at my experience level I would never have nailed the test so easily on a bigger heavier bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TW is perfect for the MSF Basic Rider Course - just took it this past weekend and passed with a perfect score - the bike was a champ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts