TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish this was everyday:(:D

Me and Georgie think we'er on the hot trail of the elusive Wapiti (Cervus canadensis)

Discover some very suspicious tracks. We must be on to something!

Oh wait, that's us!

Office parking!

I like the outdoors

Well well, more un-TW tracks

After another hard, but wonderful day of Elk Surveying it's time for some dinner in the camp mess hall

In the upcoming weeks I'll be conducting my "Deer Survey". Until next time have a great day!

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I used to really enjoy going deer hunting. It wasn't the hunting so much as it was everything else. The camping, the walking around carrying guns, shooting up the country side with our .22's (thereby alerting the deer to our presence) and my buddies '53 Jeep pickup with a small block Chevy and a Borg Warner overdrive -- what a sweet set up that was -- that we took down every trail and path we could find. The good old days............................

Good luck. I hope you get something.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
You are a lucky man Admiral. You sure bring us a lot of good stuff to see on the forum. With Georgie putting on her winter coat and weight, she almost looks like a wild boar in the woods. Or maybe she ate too many pancakes for breakfast that morning...

·
Registered
503 Posts
previously asked r80rt, I got dibs on the next opening in the 'work force'. I will promise you however, that I'll do just enuff to secure my position with 'the company'. However, not enuff to eliminate the need for yet another new hire. At which time I will surely mention, 'I know a guy'. Bingo. Your in! TIM

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have to say you have one of the most beautifully furnished offices I've ever seen! Very impressive! I also have to say you guys really know how to rough it on your elk "surveys".:D Looks like fun, and some very nice pics and video there. Thanks, Admiral.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guy's, this was just a temp job:p.

Well, I'm glad I took a few photo's of Camp Notell'em, as it appears this was the last year of the "big camp".:( Got to have proof as our memories are sure to fad. :eek:
Survey camp has been in existence for 30+ years, but most of the "Surveyors" are getting too old, i.e. they don't go out anymore and just sit around camp. At 52, I'm the youngest still "surveying".

I wil still be going back to "survey" the area next fall, but it just won't be the same. Things change!

TW rides aren't over yet, if ever in the winter for me. In a couple weeks, me and son #3 are heading up north to conduct a Deer Survey for a few days.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
All good things come to an end, I suppose. Great pics! I am really jealous of your location. I hope to live in one of the Rocky Mountain states at some point in the next few years. My next job, perhaps...

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts