TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I thought a few of you would be interested in an opportunity to participate in a darn good cause.

I'll cut to the chase: Every year the American Diabetes Association has a fund raiser called the "Tour de Cure" that is a boon to advancing research into diabetes. Participants in the fundraising are awarded entry into the actual tour. The "tour" itself consists of varying lenght cycling courses. I have decided to ride 100km on March 24th to support their endeavor. I'm confident I can complete the course, but I need help reaching my goal of $150.

I hope you can support me by donating to my fund. Any and every dollar will help significantly. Donate Anything you Can, $1 is fine by me! I assure you that every cent goes to the American Diabetes Association's research team to fuel the search for a cure to diabetes, a disease that will soon impact one in four American homes.

If you'd like to support my efforts in this go to main.diabetes.org/goto/dchatch. On that page click the link below my picture ‘Click here to sponsor me.'

I have already made the commitment to some of my friends and family that every individual that donates in my fund will have their name on my jersey while I ride, that includes forum members, don't pass that up!

Thank you for your help, I wish you all the best!

David Hatch

main.diabetes.org/goto/dchatch

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David, not sure your address is as straight forward as you would like. Gerry

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR

Click "Tour De Cure"

Click "Donate"

Input "David Hatch"

Enjoy the Ride..........

Wowzers! Thanks for your input, and your generous donation. I just got off the trainer to head to bed and got news of your activity. It'll be fun! I'll post pics of the tour and my jersey with everyone's name on it. Hope people don't mind seeing me in cycling shorts, haha! Thank you again!

David

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you QWERTY, your donation is greatly appreciated.

I'm getting ready for the ride Saturday and kind of planning out how everyone's name is going to fit on the jersey. It's very neat to think of all the people helping towards this benefit, and incredible to know that there are going to be over 1200 riders in the Phoenix tour alone. It may or may not make a difference to you, but QWERTY will be on my jersey representing your donation, as well as every other person that has donated.

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone else that reads this too, I'll post some pics after the ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I finished the race...

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. There were over 1300 riders throughout the day, and we raised $350,000, which isn't chump change.

Figured everyone deserved some pics for putting up with the shameless fundraising post.

Here's the 65milers at the Starting line

After the race, just after coming in. I normally look that bad, so... And apparently my son didn't really care to be there.

Here's my Jersey with everyone's name on it. All those that donated to my personal fund, that is.

Thank you again, everyone. The American Diabetes Association gave me a pocketknife for the fundraising, which is cool. They also said there will be

some professional pictures soon of people riding. If there are any good ones of myself I'll throw them up there too, for self esteem's sake.

Thanks again,

now go read something more interesting

David

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Dave, Congratulations on your achievement. Acknowledging contributors was one thing but holding Qwerty in your arm for the photo was especially nice.
Sorry I missed this one, I would have donated (and do through normal channels). Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts