TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want the Add A Bike carrier with the arm as I hate tying down the bike, and hate my flimsy Harbor freight carrier. Problem is, the track is only 5 inches wide. I have been in touch with the manufacturer and he is willing to make a wider model to fit a TW200 , but to be cost effective he has to buy enough material to sell three. It will be 8 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall. I'm putting out feelers for who might be interested. I am in. Anyone else interested? I am looking forward to loading in 30 seconds!

The cost will be 100.00 more for the 8 inch channel, so $549.00 shipped.

I posted this exact information on three FaceBook pages and had lots of interest but no commitment.

http://www.addabike.com

Respond to this thread and I will post along the order information.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well ive got the Black Widow I think its the 400 pounder and have no issues with OEM rear tire not sinking down in between rails. It aint going anywhere if strapted down right...jusayun, I think it was around 250 or so

·
Registered
23,169 Posts
I can understand why someone would desire a carrier which is wider than the rear tire but there is no real need for one.

Real life experience has repeatedly shown that there is no problem loading, securing and unloading a TW from a ramp style carrier that is narrower than a stock TrailWing or ATV tire.

What is the concern? It is not like the bike is going to fall or be bounced off irregardless of width as long as bike is properly secured.

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can understand why someone would desire a carrier which is wider than the rear tire but there is no real need for one.

Real life experience has repeatedly shown that there is no problem loading, securing and unloading a TW from a ramp style carrier that is narrower than a stock TrailWing or ATV tire.

What is the concern? It is not like the bike is going to fall or be bounced off irregardless of width as long as bike is properly secured.
Yep thats right

·
Registered
131 Posts
It appears to me (and please correct me if my supposition is in error) that one should be more concerned with the width of the tire at the height of the carrier's sidewalls than the total width of the tire. Even then, so long as the top of the carrier's sidewalls aren't sharp, you can just put a strap around each wheel to secure them to the carrier. Done.
(I would probably do that anyway. I'm a huge fan of redundancy)
P.S. Believe me, I would love one of these (5 or 8 inches) just for the ease and speed of loading and securing, not to mention the carrier weight of 25 pounds. Unfortunately, my finances will not be permitting it at this time. However, thank you for making me aware of this brand to keep in mind for a possible future purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts