TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 360 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
“When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, There's just something about you that pisses me off.”
― Stephen King

I got a laugh out of this one although it's not really correct. God was testing Job and Job hoped and believed in God no matter what, so God restored him one hundred fold for his faithfulness.

*The story of Job has a very special place in my heart. I also have had all taken away, I'm still trusting him and I will continue to do so whether he blesses me or not.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
“Sometimes I go to God and say, "God, if Thou dost never answer another prayer while I live on this earth, I will still worship Thee as long as I live and in the ages to come for what Thou hast done already. God’s already put me so far in debt that if I were to live one million millenniums I couldn’t pay Him for what He’s done for me.”
― A.W. Tozer

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
“Just because you’re bent, doesn’t mean you're broken.”
My theme song...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
A wise man changes his mind often. A fool never does.
Very true.
I think the fool considers changing one's mind is showing weakness...or having been wrong.

41 - 60 of 360 Posts