TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding a TDUB to my bike collection to allow more relaxed off road time. Fishing trips on woods roads etc.

This will surely be the tipping point where I will become single... but you must have priorities.

I will just get to the point... does this bike allow you to sit and cruise in comfort? I'm 6 foot two, 230 pounds. Suspension issue? Ass fatigue.. so just get a quad?

I have seen this topic on here but no insight into whether it is possible to just chill, sit, take in the scenery. Miles and miles of gravel roads near my cottage.

Not interested in standing and ripping up the trails at 50.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like the TW's perfect for you.
Suspension will be a little soft, if your not trying to jump it should provide you just what your looking for.
Few motorcycles offer the CONSISTENT ability to go from point a to b so effortlessly.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
The only time you'll need to stand on the pegs (which are a bit on the small side) is when going over rocks - at which point, your butt could find the ride a tad "bumpy" when in contact with the seat

The standard seating arrangement can get a bit "annoying" after an hour or more, eg "arse ache" - but if it gets too bad you can go for increased padding which come up on the "classifieds" section regularly. Personally I can go for several hours on the stock seat before it becomes too bad, but at 180 lbs I still do a fair "John Wayne" impression when dismounting

But in answer to your original question - yeah, you'll be fine sitting for the most of it ....

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Adding a TDUB to my bike collection to allow more relaxed off road time. Fishing trips on woods roads etc.

This will surely be the tipping point where I will become single... but you must have priorities.

I will just get to the point... does this bike allow you to sit and cruise in comfort? I'm 6 foot two, 230 pounds. Suspension issue? Ass fatigue.. so just get a quad?

I have seen this topic on here but no insight into whether it is possible to just chill, sit, take in the scenery. Miles and miles of gravel roads near my cottage.

Cheers

Welcome, unless I already welcomed you somewhere else and forgot I did.

Anyway, a bunch of us like to "sit" and take it easy on the gravel roads too.

Kidding, this was a little more bouldery than gravel. You're height and weight won't be an issue but your buttocks will thank you if you get a Seat Concepts foam and cover to replace the stock seat. Other things will help like wider foot-pegs and handlebar risers but all of that will come in do time.

With the type of riding you're planning on doing the stock suspension should be just fine. Ratchet it up a notch or two like in the above picture and then maybe you'd be looking for suspension helper modifications.

Again, Welcome, that is unless I already welcomed you somewhere else and forgot. Bwahahaha.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds like the TW is perfect for you. I think the stock suspension will be good for the type of riding you describe. Being over 6 feet you might want to consider some handlebar risers. I'm not that tall but 2 inch risers make cruising more comfortable for me. I'm OK with the stock seat but there are many who love the extra padding provided by the Seat Concepts seat. Welcome to the cult;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm also 6'2" & 230.
Get adult foot pegs, 1 inch handle bar rider and most important a Seat Concepts seat. All together they spell comfortable.
Standing it for suckers!

·
Registered
8,353 Posts

Cheers
Where is the lake? The TW is perfect for getting out and back on trails to lakes with fishing gear along. For the riding you describe the suspension will not be an issue at all. The seat is a bit hard to deal with unless your own behind comes with additional padding mine lacks. Risers or Pro Taper ATV high bars will help for your height and bark busters save your knuckles if running through trees and brush. A good rear rack with a suitable box for carrying gear is a must. I rode mine on mostly old wood roads along the river, not much gravel but plenty of downed branches and wet roots and debris. You will want a much better front tire and I found shin guards were a must to protect from the branches that inevitably kick up and hurt.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You won't regret some extra padding and a couple inches of rizers on the handlebars. I am 270 and 6ft. Sure I bottom out the suspension chasing Fred but other than that I have no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts